We have a need to develop a utility that leverages openLDAP libraries and is written preferably in C to run across multiple OS platforms. In fact we are even open to leveraging .NET Core 2.0 even though it is in preview.
UNIX ... various flavors. RedHAT, HP-UX, AIX, Ubuntu, etc.
Windows ... various versions
The utility will use the openLDAP libraries to
1. Retrieve specific information from Microsoft Active Directory
Above process will run periodically and pick up changes in the search results
2. Cache information retrieved
3. Perform certain analysis, mostly based upon IP Address, IP Subnets, AD Sites, enumeration of servers and get their FQDN and IP addresses. Save this also in the cached data
4. Review and update network properties, specifically TCP/IP settings based upon #3
The utility will be run on servers including on DHCP Servers. In case of DHCP Servers, it will generate and run another set of commands using NETSH to update DHCP Server and Scope options
5. Write information in local event log or in a log file.