We are looking for a person to provide ongoing, less than full-time support in developing user help documents for an online SaaS platform. We expect a large amount of work up front, and continuing sporadic projects / updates.
Key elements for selection
- Experience producing help documents / manuals for an American English user.
- Ability to communicate in spoken English
- availability to attend web based training sessions during the business hours of US Central Time (Normally 07:00 - 17:00). Web based video training would be the main method of sharing knowledge to the selected writer. Must have the consistent ability to video conference (PC, camera, mic, speakers, bandwidth, etc.)
- Verifiable portfolio with at least one directly comparable project
- Create documents in MS Word
--- Ability to capture screenshots
--- Create a style guide and apply it between documents
--- Track revisions
--- Create internal links inside Word (table of contents, cross referencing, etc.)
- Ability to create flowcharts (preferably in MS Visio)
- Any graphic design / illustration capability is a minor plus