Messaging my employers
Freelancer.com’s messaging feature is equipped with text messaging, audio call, video call, and file sharing functions to facilitate a smooth communication process. All these messaging functions are enabled as soon as you accept an awarded project.
For your in progress projects, here are three ways you can message your employers:
via the project page
1. Go to the project page.
2. Scroll down to the Freelancers Awarded section.
3. Click the Open Chat button.
4. Your message thread for that project will pop up on the chat window.
via the contact list
Freelancer.com users you have previously worked with are automatically added to your contact list.
Click the name of the user you wish to chat with for your chat thread to pop up. You can also use the search field to type in a user’s name or username.
All message threads are kept in the Inbox. You have four ways to go to your Inbox:
● Click on the Notifications sidebar, just above your contact list.
● From the header menu, mouse over , and click See All Messages.
● From the header menu, mouse over My Projects and click Inbox.
● On the upper portion of your account Dashboard, click Inbox.
On your Inbox, click on the employer you wish to chat with to open your conversation.
Note: Sent messages cannot be unsent or removed from the recipient’s Inbox or chat window. Also, you will be unable to message users who have blocked you from their contacts.