Verifying my payment method
Verifying your payment method means adding a payment source on your account – credit or debit card, and PayPal.
Payment verification is free; although some credit card gateways may charge a small fee which will also be refunded automatically in 2-3 business days.
After successful verification, the payment method you verified will create a billing agreement, which makes adding funds and payments easier for you since it allows automatic payment to your transactions.
Follow these steps to verify your payment method:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Go to the Payment & Financials tab.
3. Click the + Payment Method button.
4. Select your preferred payment source: Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
5. Provide the details required. Make sure all information is correct to avoid verification errors.
6. Set your billing agreement currency.
Credit card verification - By default, the currency is set to your card's currency. This will be the currency where you want your card to be charged.
PayPal verification - Your billing agreement's currency will depend on your Freelancer.com account's primary currency.
7. Click Continue to complete verification.
If you verified a card, we would also recommend that you have it authenticated. For more details on card authentication, check this article.