Fixed-price vs Hourly projects
When posting a project, employers are given a choice between posting a fixed-price or an hourly one. Posting projects in the correct project type that better fits the work requirements can be advantageous.
If you are an employer looking to post a project, you can get some tips here.
- This is ideal for one-time projects or those with set/limited budgets.
- The bid amount of the winning freelancer is the total amount to pay them for completing the project.
- The project can be paid through Milestone Payments (recommended), Invoices, or by directly transferring funds to the freelancer.
- This is ideal for continuous work (no specific deadline), or full-time positions.
- The bids of the freelancers are their hourly rate for your required work. The amount to pay your winning freelancer is the price of the total hours of rendered work.
- Invoices automatically generated every Monday from hours tracked in the Freelancer Desktop App will be automatically paid every Wednesday. You may read here for more details.