I am looking for help with Wordpress.
I'm not a webmaster. I was working with a person who I thought did a great job of setting my Wordpress sites up, but he has disappeared without a trace. I believe my Wordpress sites need a review from someone who has a lot more technical experience with Wordpress sites than I do. I'd like to award this contract to someone who will not disappear, as I value long-term relationships.
Here's what I have:
- 4 small Wordpress sites. (current release level)
- all are hosted on a shared server at www.micfo.com. ( I'd like them to remain where they are, so please don't recommend I move them )
- None of my Wordpress sites are mission critical and none get much traffic, but it is important to me that they be available.
- I am getting a fair bit of content and form spam that I'd like to eliminate.
Here's what I am looking to have done:
- audit how my sites are set up
- do any configuration work that's needed in my Micfo account. (Probably nothing, but need you to confirm what configuration needs to be done and that it has been done correctly)
- recommend updates or changes to my existing sites
- implement and test the changes we agree to
- set up a new German Wordpress site. Complete any DNS work so that it is fully-functioning. Document. (I have the domain)
- make sure that the existing sites are fully-functional (They are very simple sites with not much content. Family. Resume, tiny business, running club)
- complete any updates of sites and plug-ins. (Probably nothing required, but want to make sure)
- recommend how to best maintain the sites so that I remain current with Wordpress features and functionality
- test the forms. Possibly add a captcha or other similar module to avoid spam.
- install and test Google Analytics on all sites. (I have the code)
- document what you did and any recommendations so I can manage all of this on my own should you disappear (use a GoogleDoc that we can collaborate on)
I'm looking for a long-term relationship based on trust and respect. If all goes super-well:
- I do not want to become a Wordpress guru and compete with you. I'd like to trust you well enough that you become the person I go to you for help and advice on future Wordpress issues at your hourly rate
- I will give you a great Freelancer recommendation for a great job
- I will share my testimonial with other prospective clients of yours who want to speak to a reference
- I will recommend you to my friends and business associates
You will see that I have used Freelancer in the past to find someone to help with Wordpress. My experience was that lots of freelancers have Wordpress experience. It was very hard for me to pick a person to do the work, so if you are interested in this contract, please help me to select your bid by answering the following questions:
1- # years experience with installing and maintaining Wordpress sites. I am looking for proven experience, so your bid would be stronger if you could provide a few references
2- level of familiarity with [url removed, login to view] hosting. Your bid would be stronger if you have worked with Micfo and understand how they work.
3- level of experience with written and spoken English. I need to know that we can communicate effectively
4- comfort level using GoogleDocs and Skype
5- reliability. I want to be a good long-term customer of yours. Please convince me that you won't disappear!
Please note that I will eliminate any bids that do not directly answer at least these 5 questions. Since I am looking for expertise with Wordpress and configuration on a host, please focus your bid on those specific skills rather than Drupal, PHP or other expertise. It's hard to choose from so many talented freelancers. Please make it easy for me to hire you!