Bounce Inc Australia is looking for a Frontend Developer to improve an existing Wordpress theme. They will be adding functionality to the newly added Gutenburg editor, built in React, a well as making general improvements to the site style.
Experience with React and Wordpress development is required, and familiarity with the new Gutenburg editor is preferred.
This is a fixed price contract; Bounce has a list of possible improvements in order of priority, and we will be getting through as many as possible with our given budget. Tasks include:
- Updating existing custom Gutenburg React Components to work with the most recent Gutenburg API
- Improving existing React components to resolve bugs and improve functionality
- Developing new style options for Blocks for use throughout the site
- Developing new Gutenburg Blocks
- Miscellaneous styling improvements across the site
- Improve the consistency between the Gutenburg editor and frontend styling
The successful applicant will be guided by the existing internal developer and liaise with an internal marketing team, but should be able to work independently. The expected work hours are flexible, but ideally 2-3 days a week.
Applicants are welcome to work remotely, however the ability to come in to our Melbourne office when required is a bonus.