I have a client who wants to capture data on a PDA, including photos, barcode readings and text, and upload that data at a later date to a website.
I can handle the website import myself. What I need is a quote for the PDA work.
He is looking at the MC7100S ([url removed, login to view]).
It uses Windows CE 6.1 (Phone Edition), and has a screen resolution of 240x320
I need a quote for a data capture application based on these requirements:
1. import a list of tasks from a website API. each task will be comprised of: name, address, contact details, job description, reference, internal ID number.
2. for each task, the software should record: - serial no (text field), plant no (text field), make (text), year (int), model (text), location (text), sub location (text), SWL (int). Each of these values may optionally be included with the information in #1, and if so, should be prefilled.
3. the software should also record: notes for each task, and general notes.
4. for each task, the software should also optionally take photos and relate the photos to the task record.
5. for each task, the SWL and serial no may be retrieved via bar code.
6. at a later point in time (hours, or days later), each of these tasks should be uploaded to a website (the API will be supplied).