We have an eletronic dictionary that is originally developed in VB6 and we want to develop a new version that can be compatible with major operation systems and platforms, like Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android. The entire description of the current version is here: [url removed, login to view] You also can download the dictionary to see how it works. The service tha we are looking for includes:
1. Development of the new version for Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems. iOS and Android would be a plus, besides we can deal with this later;
2. New interface design. The design must fit the less space as possible in the user screen criteria;
3. The same concept of the actual version must be respected: the user select a word in the screen (word processor, text file, browser, etc), press a key combination and the dictionary searches for the meaning of the word in the language selected;
4. Have to exist a mechanism to include new dictionaries files and/or update the exist ones using the software interface (like an autoupdate feature);
5. The dictionaries files contents must be encrypted (we will provide a sample with few words and the developer must provide a tool to allow us to encript the exist files and future ones);
6. Setup application must be included in the package;
7. As you will see in the actual version, the software display a banner that is refreshed every minute. This feature must be as it is now;
8. In the current version we have the possibilty of payment for registration and banner removal. This feature won't be in the new version;
9. The new version must has a text translation function, that uses Google Translation API to translate pieces of text (the text can be limited to a number of characters to make the implementation easier). This feature will be available only while the user is online.
10. The entire project can be develop using english as the interface language, but the software must provide an easy way to translate the interface to other languages and the user must be able to change the interface language as wish.
Feel free to ask questions about the project.