● Rack mount all the physical devices.
o 2 x UCS 5108 Blade Server AC2 chassis new
o 2 x UCS 6248UP 1RU Fabric Interconnect
o 2 x N9K-C93180YC-EX
● Cable connectivity between above all devices. Will do vPC configuration where needed.
o IOM ←→ FI (backplain)
o FI ←→ Upstream N9K (for data, vPC)
o FI ←→ NetApp storage (for storage)
o FI ←→ Mgmt switch (for FI’s management)
o FI L1-L2
o N9K mgmt connectivity
o N9K ←→ Core switch connectivity
o Backup device EMC Avamar connectivity (no configuration changes of any nature, storage team need to take care of any change if needed)
o Power connection to all devices etc.
● Update the firmware of all the new devices.
o UCSM upgrade
o Fabric Interconnect upgrade
o IOM upgrade
o Servers (CIMC, Adapters etc.) upgrade
● Configure UCS manager and configure the data connectivity between new FI and existing FI.
o Data Connectivity between N9K and FI for north/south traffic
● Storage connectivity to FI (Parallel connectivity with Nexus 5010 also till the migration complete).
● Installation of ESXi 6.0 on new 7 x UCS B200 M5 server and configure the management IP.
● Installation of VCSA 6.0 for new ESXi cluster or connect to existing vCenter and create ESXi cluster.
● Nexus 5010 configuration will be replicated on new N9K switches.