I need to develop an easy social website. The website concept is based on a special feature which will be discussed in details with the selected performer. Generally the website must have a simple interface (like a Formspring website, for example) and a standard set of modern social website functions related to the ideology of a content generation by users.
I could think about modifying an existing commercially developped engine but it's up to the performer to decide which engine to use (if an existing platform is used there MUST NOT be ANY evidence of that).
Eventually I want this website to keep attracting visitors because of its special functional so that it would generate money via goodle adsence or any other traffic monetizing tool.
What I want this website to have generally:
- Simple registration with a very few personal info required
- The service should allow users participate in activity after logging into most of the popular social networks
(facebook, digg, livejournal etc). I am not sure how feasible is it, so any ideas will be appreciated.
- Users are supposed to add posts, to comment them and to update them. Also a Type1 or Type2 must be assigned by the users to every post. Users are supposed to switch content type from Type1 to Tape2 and back.
- User profile pages
- Content tags
- Content cataloging by categories
- Privacy mode (add content in anonymous mode) and ability to create posts with "by invitation only" flag
- Search option
- Users and content rating
- Stuff like "Tell a friend", "Repost to Facebook", "Suggest similar" etc.
- Languages support for the interface
I find reasonable to split the project into two parts:
1. The design part: to make up a project brandname, to draw a logo, to draw templates, to makeup templates, to develop CSS and stuff like that, maybe some copyright work needed.
2. The functional part: to create the engine, to install and build the engine, to make the engine working, to make the engine connected properly to the templates and to database, to aquire a hosting, to register domain name and to set up everything and to make everything working.
Should you like to bid on part 1 or part 2 separately please let me know in PM so that I would create another project specially for part 1 or part 2.
- Examples of your work relevant to this project demonstrating you are the right person to hire
- Ability to provide future support and contribution if necessary (for additional fee)
- Ability to suggest on how to make this project better technically and commercially
- Ability to polish every little corner and detail painstakingly
If you have any questions feel free to send me PM!