Appen Butler Hill is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 50 languages and dialects. Our clients are amongst the world's top internet search engine companies and we are currently seeking internet-savvy freelance Web Search Evaluators.
• Web Search Evaluators work on interesting projects that are geared to improve search engine results for their country. The work generally includes reviewing and evaluating internet search results based on specific search terms and providing a rating. The evaluation work is typically done using online automated tools.
• Web Search Evaluators work 4 hours per day (Monday-Friday) and have the flexibility to choose the hours they wish to work each day. This project requires a commitment to work 20-22 hours per week. Project work is expected to extend through August 17th, 2013, with a possible further extension.
• Personal PC or laptop that runs Windows Vista or Windows 7 (please note, netbook devices, Windows XP and Apple O/S, including Apple O/S running on virtual environments, are not compatible with project), and a minimum screen resolution of 1280 X 768; desired resolution is 1280 X 1024
• A high-speed internet connection (preferably unlimited usage; if limited, download cap must not be less than 100 GB per month)
• Basic aptitude for solving technical/software issues independently
• Detail-oriented and organized with strong time-management skills and the ability to manage a 20-22 hours per week self- directed work schedule
• In order to apply cultural awareness to the work, you must be a current resident of Switzerland, and have lived in this country for at least 10 years
• Native or near native speaker of French or Dutch or Italian
• Proficient in written and verbal English
• Strong communication skills
• Familiar with current cultural, political, business and media affairs, in addition to extensive familiarity with a wide variety of online news sources published in Switzerland
• Avid internet enthusiast with excellent web research and analytical capabilities
HOW TO APPLY
[url removed, login to view]