This is the fourth time I've posted this same project here or in guru or in elance. I've hired three professional (on different occasions) and all three burned me. They all promised they would do it, I sent them an advance on the project, and then everything gets screwed. As you may already know, unfortunately, I never get my money back.
The last professional I hired on elance promised the project for September and did not deliver. Overall I've spent over $2000 on front payments and the only thing I've received is useless code.
About the project...
I would like to work with a professional that has developed and published an auction site. I WILL NOT hire a firm that has not developed an auction site. If you make a bid, please post an auction site you've developed.
It has to be time-tested. It would be a big PLUS if you already have a time-tested script that you will customize. The nicer ones I've seen are AJ AUCTION and PHPProBid. I'm a software engineer currently working on MS VS2005 and mssql so a project in that platform would be great, but not required.
These are the general specifications of the site:
* user registration and verification
* view departments/categories
* real-time item auctioning (entering/confirm bid), "Buy Now", "best offer" options for items.
* feedback system
* "Wanted Now" option - user can post an item request for an item that is not being sold.
* basic and advanced search capability
* buyer/seller feedback
* Add options to item posted (border, highlight, featured item, etc...), each with an additional charge.
* user messaging (emails)
* User's "homepage" listing item information (watched/bidding/best offer/won/not won/sold/unsold/paid/want it now), user
emails, feedback, general user account information, what's been paid/not paid, etc...
* Sellers building their own products store.
I have posted a screenshot of what my main page should look like.
In terms of deadline, I wanted to publish it as soon as possible, before December.
Again, if you haven't developed and published an auction site then please *DO NOT POST*. In terms of look & feel, I developed screenshots that I will send you. But overall, it should look like the scripts in [url removed, login to view], which are very nice.