We as an indie game developer company are looking for talented freelancer(s) to help with development of the game engine under Unreal Engine.
About the game:
The game is about a girl looking for their missing dad and it takes place in around 1830.
The main pillars of the game are being mysterious and story-driven with touches of puzzle-solving and horror.
Game play duration:
Game play style:
3rd person perspective with boss fights transitioning into 1st person perspective
Unreal Engine 4 (To be ported over to UE5 as soon as available)
Players can interact with objects that are being highlighted as they get in range. Interactions include investigation, acquisition or performing actions on the objects as part of the puzzle solving.
3D vintage realistic (Please find sample files attached for reference)
Desktop (PC & Mac) / Consoles (PlayStation & Xbox)
What needs to be done:
Implement different game mechanics of the game per design through Blueprints and / or C++
This includes but not limited to:
- AI and NPC logics
- Camera control
- Inventory mechanics
- Stealth mechanics
- 1st person boss fight mechanics
- Game menus
- Character interaction with the environment
- Character animations
- Save / load
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in game development
- Extensive knowledge in working with UE4 blueprints
- Ability to implement various game mechanics and requirements in a bug-free condition
- Proficient in C++
- Performance oriented development with long term vision
- Nature of the work: part time contract and per task delivery payment for about 3 months.
What counts as bonus:
- Having worked on AAA titles is bonus
- Having shader programming experience is bonus
What to mention in your application:
- How many years of experience you carry
- Whether or not you have worked on a launched title
- Your availability (hours per week) for the next 3 months
Fill out the application if this sounds interesting to you and if you are willing to be part of this project for the next couple of months.