We are looking for someone to translate a ONE PAGE English business letter into a ONE PAGE chinese business letter. There will be another page (attachment) of technical specifications (not too difficult, marine ship related - which you can ask me questions about if required). So, total of two pages.
If this second page is too difficult for you, then you can bid on translating the first page only.
If you make the short-list, I will send you the full letter, and you can give me a more accurate quote (more expensive or less).
Knowledge of business formatted letters is required, and an awareness of basic engineering terms is useful. This is a letter inviting ship-and barge builders to do business with a Western firm looking to buy a specialised marine vessel (an industrial barge).
I am aware that Chinese business letters will have a different style and formatting, than Western business letters. The translator must be able to format the new translated letter into the appropriate format for a Chinese business letter.
The letter will have the following characteristics:
1. These paragraphs should be in a professional conversational tone that looks like it was composed by an engineer. They should not look like they were written by an amateur.
2. I will provide you with the letter, in Microsoft Word Format, in English. I want to have this letter translated into Mandarin (simple/standard professional), formal, letter format.
3. This is a one page letter, with a logo and paragraphs that explains:
A) Basically it explains who my company is,
B) why I am contacting the Chinese firm, (you need to know how to set-out a business letter in Chinese, and write the address properly)
C) The specification of the ship I require
D) Instructions for how to contact us.
4. You should deliver the finished file in a Microsoft Word file (docx) which is fully formatted and ready to print/e-mail.
We are seeking the following qualities in the contractor:
1. Must be able to finish the task within 48 hours
2. Excellent English writing skills and a familiarity with business topics, and an awareness of what an industrial barge is.
3. Professional business style that will appeal to a sales manager who is willing to sell to an Australian company.
How to apply
Along with your cover letter, please submit writing samples that highlight your writing style. Please also rate your familiarity with the business and engineering translation industry and your availability over the next 24 hours.
This job was posted recently, and due to a clerical error, was posted in the wrong price range. This is a simple project as it is basically translating a business letter, with the added challenge of understanding and translating a few engineering/ship terms.
The long-term benefit of this project is that if you are successful, and we are both happy with the outcome, then there is a fair amount of extra work that will be made available for you as we have more documentation to translate in the coming future.
If you apply, and can persuade me through your relevant experience, or simply your writing style, then please apply.
About the company
We are a specialised business and a commercial maritime and port logistics company that is trying to source ship and wharf manufacturers in China with a proven track record, and a good reputation.
Thank you for considering this job, and putting in an application - I wish you all luck.
Regards - PJ
13 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 33 $ pour ce travail
Native chinese, TEM8 passed which is the highest level of english exam in China, one year's experience of sales manager in a state-owned military trading company. I would like to help you with the job.