Role and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a Product Designer to DESIGN, TEST, and SOURCE MATERIALS for Christian, faith-based creative crafts for kids on a monthly basis. Here are the steps of the process that you'll be required to complete:
• Brainstorming and research of hands-on craft concepts to illustrate ideas and stories from weekly bible passages. The number one goal of our projects is to make concepts of the Catholic faith tangible and engaging for young children. We will supply you with the bible passages to inspire each craft.
• Physical Prototyping is a MUST. Familiarity with fabrics, 3-D printing, mixed media, and soft goods are a bonus.
• Product testing. You must physically test the craft you're designing to make sure it's age-appropriate, fun, and of good quality.
• Material sourcing and sampling. You work with sample materials, reach out to manufacturers and engage with manufacturers to maximize the intersection point of profitability and quality.
• Writing craft instructions. You write instructions and work with our Editorial team to create compelling and clear instructions, as well as magazine activities.
• Project Management. As a monthly subscription service, we always have multiple craft ideas cooking at the same time. You are responsible for driving your product craft's timeline forward and connecting with our other craft teams to ensure that our monthly offering is unique, memorable, and of excellent quality.
A strong work ethic, communication skills, and high levels of empathy are crucial for the role.
• Passionate about kids, creativity, and religious education. You love kids and the power of hands-on learning to break down complex concepts from the Bible. Creative projects are your jam, and you love bringing a spark to a child’s eye as they learn something fun and new.
• Strong physical prototyping skills. You’re a crafter at heart and love getting creative with your hands. Taking an idea from your head to a physical prototype and then rapidly iterating comes naturally.
• Effective problem solver, with a hands-on “get things done” mentality. You are eager and able to solve your craft's logistical challenges and tackle creative obstacles, identify potential issues and hurdles, and develop ways to get around them.
• Solid project management skills and the ability to multitask. We move fast. Effective prioritization and organization to stay positive and proactive in an ambiguous environment is a must.
• Detail & process-oriented. You own your project's development process from start to finish and ensure that your t’s are crossed and your i’s dotted.
• Collaboration & communication skills. You work closely with our Editorial and Marketing teams to allow cross-functional team discussions, projects, and collaborations.
The Mass Box is a burgeoning Catholic-focused media company that sparks kids’ creativity and spiritual growth through offline and online materials. We offer kids [and their parents] a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids ages 4-8 and additional creative content. We include a magazine supplement and a companion webisode to help parents navigate complex spiritual concepts with young children. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by the Catholic Community and the Common Good Foundation. Our offices are located in Norfolk, VA.
Designers paid by assigned craft.
28 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 329 $ pour ce travail
Hi, i am available for this project and will do in fair cost. here is my portfolio:- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7xm3lm66fjapqo/AAA773jO6bWJBFJr6DDqJvT3a?dl=0 thanks
Hi, i am expert of this type of work, give me all the details about the project. check Portfolio work:- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgmmba89pwf535z/AACJuNmfbg_T51fOoISe6_Vja?dl=0 thanks