A "menorah" is a 9-arm candelabra arranged as a 4-1-4 where 4 arms on each side are the same height as each other and the center arm is higher (e.g. [login to view URL])
A menorah will typically have small holes at top of the arms to either hold candles or glass cups in which to put candles (e.g. [login to view URL])
Rather than use either of these, I intend to have the base of the menorah be a large reservoir in which to house oil and run wicks down the hollow arms of the menorah INTO the reservoir. The wicks will "wick" up the oil from the reservoir and feed the flames at the top of the arms until all the oil from the reservoir is used.
In phase 1, I am looking for a basic menorah design with hollow arms (for snaking a wick through) and a reservoir base.
Eventually, I will want a much richer design to mirror the original menorah that was in the ancient Jewish Temple thousands of years ago (which was stolen by the Romans). You can see a recreation of that menorah here ([login to view URL](Temple)#/media/File:[login to view URL]) and a sculpture in Rome of the conquerors returning home with their spoils here ([login to view URL]:[login to view URL])
In order to ensure that the flame does not ruin the 3d printed menorah, I will probably have to use a metal wick holder at the top (e.g. [login to view URL])
The primary challenges for this job appear to be:
1. Figuring how design the menorah to allow for snaking the wicks to the bottom of the reservoir.
2. Allowing for some way to cleanly/efficiently fill the reservoir
3. Some means of knowing that the reservoir is full (so I can stop adding oil)
4. Figuring out the right material/thickness for the wicks to ensure that they are able to bring the oil from the bottom of the reservoir to the top of the arms
5. Shaping the reservoir to make sure that the oil coalesces to a single point where the bottom of the wicks go (kinda like a drain)
6. Finding some way to secure the bottom of the wicks to the bottom-most point of the reservoir
7. Making sure I don't burn down my house
27 freelance font une offre moyenne de $13/heure pour ce travail
Hey Sir, I am a well experienced 3D artist kindly have a look at my profile to see my portfolio and the quality of work i provide. I would love to do this project for you thanks