In this assignment, we would like you to apply concepts discussed in class to analyze the game assigned.
Choose one of the following games for your critique: (The first two are free to play PC games)
• Champions Online ([url removed, login to view] )
• League of Legends ([url removed, login to view])
(The following games are reserved in library*. Don’t wait until the last minute to start playing your chosen game – it is a good idea to start early and plan your time well, since we have a large number of students in our class sharing the games)
• Xbox 360
o Assassin's Creed II (Also on PS3)
o Fable II
o Prince of Persia (available on Xbox 360 & Playstation)
• Nintendo DS
o Hotel Dusk
o Phoenix Wright
* The loan period for the games is 24 hours but you can renew the items up to 3 times as long as there is no hold. We also reserved Wii console and one XBOX 360 console that can be loan out for 24 hours. For PS3, you can only in the library’s game room.
Using the lecture notes and the readings we have covered so far this semester, briefly describe examples from the game you have played. Then discuss how your examples relate to each of the following topics:
(1) Classical Conditioning. You should discuss at least 1 form of classical conditioning that occurred in the game. (1 point)
(2) Operant Conditioning. You should discuss at least 2 forms of operant conditioning that occurred in the game. (2 points)
(3) Discuss what kinds of rewards scheduling involved. Discuss at least 5 types of rewards used. Use a segment from the game and show how one or more of these rewards is/are scheduled. (3 points)
(4) Camera Systems. You should argue for what camera system the game uses: following the player, following the player with spring physics, fixed points, dynamic constraint based camera system, Automatic (e.g. Lakitu) vs. Assisted (e.g. Mario) mode, or a combination of these. Make a case for your argument using screenshots. (3 points)
(5) Lighting: Take a segment within the game and discuss what lights are there, how they are used, and why they are used in this way. Discuss specifically, lighting in terms of dual goals (description vs. emotion) and lighting dynamics (exposure, contrast, temperal, interrelation, interaction etc.) that you identified. Use screenshots to discuss your points. (3 points)
(6) Navigational Aids. Specifically, identify:
Directional signs, Identification signs and Orientation signs
a. Two Directional Signs. What are these signs, how and where they used. Show a screenshot example of the signs. (1 point)
b. Two Identification Signs. What are these signs, how and where they used. Show a screenshot example of the signs. (1 point)
c. Two Orientation signs. What are these signs, how and where they used. Show a screenshot example of the signs. (1 point)
understanding of the concept as well as the right identification of the technique used and the screenshots used to augment and support the argument.
Format: .pdf format. Single-spaced text is fine, with a sans-serif font (like Arial) preferred. The average length is 4-6 pages, including screenshots. If you find yourself going over 8 single-spaced pages, you may need to focus your writing more on the specific points in the rubric to
trim it down.
i attached past paper and all the readings.please let me know if you can finish it in 48 hours.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $113 for this job
Its a great pleasure of mine to bid over here. Looking forward to your positive response. Kindly refer to pm please for details. Thank you in advance for your consideration.