Design Problem – Silhouette Installation
The engineer is asked to provide a structural design for a life sized steel plate silhouette to be installed at Eneabba. The silhouette will be fabricated from steel plate. A drawing showing the shape of the life sized silhouette is attached. I have marked the area of the shape on the drawing which is 1.17m2 total for the man.
Please check the life sized man silhouette structure for the following wind loading requirements:
1. Region B – Eneabba. The Terrain Category at the site has been taken as 2. Importance level 2. Ultimate wind speed 57m/s (205km/hr).
2. The annual probability of exceedance of the wind event has been calculated as 1:500.
3. The design life of the structure has been taken as 50 years.
Please let us know if:
1. The life sized man silhouette can be fabricated from a minimum 8mm thick 250MPa mild steel plate.
2. Will the man silhouette need stiffeners fully welded to the back of the silhouette 8mm plate and fully welded to base plate.
3. The silhouette plate shall be fully welded to 400x400x8mm base plate and stiffened with 2 x 100x100x8mm gusset plates. Base plates shall each be fixed to concrete footings with 4 x M16 chemical anchors. Please specify concrete footing size.
6 freelances font une offre moyenne de 44 $ pour ce travail
добрый день могу рассчитать контур человека на устойчивость и прогибы от ветра для вашего региона. расчет будет в программе рфем длубал с подробным отчетом. сейчас я занят поэтому мне надо немного времени. сапсибо алек Plus
Hi, I'm capable to do the job and interested in your project. Please send me a message so that we can discuss more details. The price can be discussed later on. Don't hesitate to contact me.
Dear Sir, I'm a structural engineer with more than 35 years of experience in steel and concrete structures design and shop drawings. All of my clients were very satisfied with my work. I have designed: - Communication Plus
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER WITH 12 YEARS EXPERIENCED IN THE FIELD OF CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING CAPABLE OF DESIGN AND ANALYSE ANY TYPE OF STRUCTURES
Hello, I had see your work, i can do it according to your rules and the Australian norms. This is a problen of flexion-torsion, design of fatigue and thin plate. i will use an finite elements program for analyse it. I Plus