We would like to search for a R programmer with some experience academic statistical research to develop the programs for our academic statistical research on hedge funds. We would be analyzing the influencing factors that affect the performance and risk of hedge funds using regression analysis. Factors such as fund internal/external governance and regulations variables. The position’s responsibilities and qualifications are described below.
1. Work with one to two other developers for R language program, to help to code our models, independent variables, data processing, and various other programming tasks.
2. Literature review of some papers of papers to understand the level of technicalities needed for statistical procedures and mathematical methodology and to help to make changes to our paper in the procedure based on methodologies and procedures of the reviewed literature, and preferably able to make minor changes in the actual paper as well
1. Master’s or PhD’s degree in Statistics that used R significantly, if doesn’t satisfy still welcome to apply if you have significant experience working with R for statistics purposes. Note that if you fulfill all other qualifications except for the R programming experience, and believe that you can perform the responsibility #1 & #2 very well
2. Knowledgeable and years of experiences in basic and advanced statistical modeling, including many of the below statistical analysis methods, models, procedures
• Regression analysis
o cross-sectional regression (t-statistic, chi square-statistic, F-statistic)
o Time series regression
o Multivariate regression
• Cox proportional hazard model (z-statistic) used for survival analysis
• Portfolio sorting
• Difference Test(t-statistic)
• Bootstrap analysis
3. Some experience in academic research
4. At least 4 years of experience implementing programming using R, preferably statistical models
5. Good English communications skills in oral and writing
6. Weekly availability to be at least 20 hours from now to 02/07(deadline)
*Please answer the following questions in your application*
Do you have a Master’s or PhD’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or closely related field? (please send a CV or resume with your application)
Could you describe the extent of your statistical modeling experience? Please specify which models that you have had many years of working experience or academic research experience with
Number of years for R experience and how often using R during those years?
Could you describe your R usage? Please include a more detailed description for the statistical programming usage
What is your weekly available hours?
40 freelances ont fait une offre moyenne de 22 $ /heure pour ce travail
Hello sir I am an engineer in statistics operation research I master R and I can achieve this project perfectly please contact me for more details best regards
Hello I would like to work with you. I have opyt trade on the US stock market for 10 years, as well as the skills of machine learning and create trading strategies in R.
hi, I am a research person , have a good experience in R . If you want me to produce any sample work before assigning , I can do that. Waiting for further discussion over chat.
HI, I have done master's in mathematics and statistics SO I am one of the suitable candidate for this project. I am also expert in R feel free to contact me. Thanks