We are looking for a developer to help us create a new cryptocurrency based on ethereum, code-named Cloud. The first milestone is to spec out which software needs to be written, based mainly on forks of the repos at [url removed, login to view] . The first milestone will be to deliver a set of specs for the different repos; the payment for the first milestone is $200. The payment for the subsequent milestones is estimated at $1,000 but it’s negotiable based on the difficulty of the tasks.
Cloud will mainly differ from Ethereum in the following ways:
- There will be a privileged namespace for a set of dapps, each of which is implements a sub-currency within Cloud, roughly similar to the example at [url removed, login to view]
- The names of the sub-currency dapps will have names of the form *.currency; for example, [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], etc.
- Ordinary dapps will still be allowed, but will be precluded from using this privileged namespace, i.e. having names with the form *.currency.
- As with any altcoin fork, other parameters in the codebase will also have to be changed, such as the genesis block, currency symbol, etc. See [url removed, login to view] for an example of this.
- Selected features implemented in the Expanse fork of ethereum may also be included; we would want some advice from you as to costs and benefits of those features.
The ultimate deliverables for the subsequent milestones will most likely include items such as
- Source code repos for a miner, a wallet AND any others that are necessary for launch.
- Appropriate working executables for Linux, Mac and Windows associated with each repo.
- Build scripts using Buildbot and configuration of a build status system similar to [url removed, login to view]
Our goal is to create all the software and tools needed for an announcement that allows miners to mine and trade Cloud. Please see [url removed, login to view] for an example of what we are aiming at. For a concrete list of the repos we may need to build, please see the repos under [url removed, login to view] . Note that we may not need all of these repos; for example, maybe we don’t need the equivalent of cpp-ethereum/cpp-expanse initially. We would want your advice on which we will need for a complete launch.
You should have the following:
- Experience forking alt coins, building genesis blocks, etc.
- Knowledge of ethereum.
- Experience using Git.
- Ability to configure Buildbot
IMPORTANT: You should have the ability to complete the first milestone as well as implement all (or almost all) of the subsequent milestones