Your task is to implement a game in which several faces will appear on the LCD display and fall from the top of the screen. The player controls a sprite at the bottom of the display, moving it left and right to with the goal being to maximise the score before losing all lives. Points are gained, or lives lost, when the player’s sprite collides with the faces, as described in detail below. You will use the skills and techniques learned in the first half of the semester, together with microcontroller programming techniques covered since week 7. A partial implementation of the game is demonstrated in the week 10 lecture.
1) Assignment Brief is shown in images part1 to p8
2) Must be able to compile using avr-gcc. I have linked a pdf that you can check. An example of a command that would have been used to compile a c source file.
question_1_template_v2.c -mmcu=atmega32u4 -Os -DF_CPU=8000000UL -std=gnu99 -I../cab202_teensy -L../cab202_teensy -Wl,-u,vfprintf -lprintf_flt -lcab202_teensy -lm -o question_1_template_v2.o
- As only I have the teensy, I want you to have a working C environment where you can at least compile without issues. I can then convert your file into a hex file and load it into the teensy for testing. I am happy to work with you during the testing phase.
3) Please comment your code as I will ask a few questions about it for understanding.
4) Please look at the folder teensy resources, examples of timers. Take note of cab202_teensy 2 folder as it contains [url removed, login to view] - new library for accessing and writing to the LCD screen on the TeensyLCD. This library is similar to zdk but has a lot less functionality. It's up to you to add the functionality that you require. ZDK folder was used earlier in the semester.
You will need to compile this just as you did for the ZDK. Run make in the cab202_teensy directory to create the library cab202_teensy.a.
5) Due Date is 18th Midnight October. However I would like it done 2 days (16th October) before to sort out any issues. This leaves about 24-25 days.