I am the CEO and Lead Software Developer for a new StartUp Call Center service. I'm looking for a DevOps expert who understands how to use Docker Swarm Mode (Multi-Container) using Terraform W/Digital Ocean & Auto Scaling.
I'm also open to someone who knows how to do this with AWS as my research shows this may be near impossible with Digital Ocean currently. However, a huge plus if we can find a way to make this work nicely with Digital Ocean since I really love their service and simplicity and AWS tends to overcomplicate everything in my opinion.
I would be paying by the hour for consulting having you teach me instead of doing any work, although I may hire for assistance in the future. I would continue to hire you for further consulting on the subject if I feel we have productive meetings as well :).
More details on exactly what I'm trying to achieve are on my StackOverFlow Question page ([url removed, login to view])
Some resources I've read:
[url removed, login to view]
Main Article I've Learned From: [url removed, login to view]
Some other things I found that might help are here:
Even this really nice setup though needs to work with auto scaling somehow.
The key to this job is understanding how to Autoscale based on CPU Usage and Network Load
I am going to revise the job description to this...
1.) Create a terraform file that...
- Describes an initial node count
- Describes a system that will auto scale up (create another node) based on CPU Usage or Network Load Greater than 70% for 5 minutes sustained.
- Describes a system that will auto scale down based on CPU Usage or Network Load Less than 25% for 10 minutes sustained.
- Can use Google Container Service, Digital Ocean and AWS as last resort.
- The infrastructure should have Docker installed on it ready to go so containers can be pulled and run right away on it.
I should be able to simply say terraform apply on the file and this infrastructure is ready to go.