Objective: Create a module for Odoo 8 allowing customers to pay their order in the Odoo online shop via Bitcoin.
Important: This project requires experience with Odoo. Please only apply if you have such skills!
Approach: Derive the system from Odoo's existing wire-transfer payment module, because both are very similar. The actual payment will be processed manually and not by the module, similar to a wire transfer.
During Checkout in the online shop, Bitcoin is offered as another payment method. If the customer chooses Bitcoin, the current exchange rate will be fetched from [url removed, login to view] (e.g. [url removed, login to view] ) The configured factor/percentage will be multiplied to the fetched value. Subsequently all prices will be displayed in Bitcoin (instead of Euro). After the customer ordered, one Bitcoin receival address will be displayed along with the text "Please send xx Bitcoin to the following address:". This information should also be sent to the customer within the confirmation email. The displayed receival address should be removed from the list of available receival addresses. (Every receival address must only be used once).
The Odoo admin should be able to configure the following:
- Percentage to be added to the current exchange rate being fetched. This is for handling effort, risk and other transaction costs.
- A list of Bitcoin receival addresses. It should be possible to configure at least 100 addresses.
- No Bitcoin receival addresses available. (Admin forgot to configure new ones).
- Exchange rate can't be received from [url removed, login to view] (e.g. server down).
In both error cases the customer should see an error message: "Bitcoin can't be used right now. Please retry later."
- The module should comply to Odoo's best practices and should be easy to install such as other ordinary modules.
- The strings being used should be translateable to other languages than English.