Hello social media enthusiasts! I am looking for my cover while on maternity leave (due end of Sept.) The ideal candidate would be available for contract work from July 2018 through the end of March 2019. He/she would be willing to come into the Merck Animal Health office located in Madison, NJ Monday-Friday and work a minimum of 40 hours per week. See job description below.
The Global Social Media Lead is responsible for developing and driving Merck Animal Health's (MAH) global social media efforts reporting into the Global MCM Lead within Merck Animal Health's Global Commercial Operations Division. This role will be an integral part of the Merck Animal Health Social Media Center of Excellence (CoE), which consists of a social media management system while being supported by two senior specialists.
The Social Media Lead provides leadership and direction on the management of social media, framework for rolling out the system and execution in countries. This includes, but is not limited to, development and execution of governance models, business processes, policies, and training related to social media activities to support the company's goals and objectives. Therefore this person should have experience in leading and driving adoption of a successful social media initiatives and social media management systems. The Lead will also serve as a consultant and resource for the organization on social media standards, strategy and execution. The social media lead enables sharing best practices, and provides education to the organization.
Therefore, this person must be able to work collaboratively and cross functionally with different internal stakeholders and teams on global, regional and local levels, including but not limited to, Marketing, Business Units, Regional Leads, IT, Multi-Channel Marketing, Global Communications, Human Resources, Compliance, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, Learning & Development , Market and Business Intelligence, and Merck Human Health.
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor s Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of social media experience in a senior/manager role in social listening, publishing & engaging
- 4+ years of experience of building and driving the adoption of global social media operations for a company strongly focused on B-2-C & B-2-B
- Experience working with platforms such as Hootsuite, Brandwatch, Salesforce Sales Cloud, and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Ability to meet and communicate critical strategies with senior MSD management
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adjust this to different audiences
- Strong understanding of social media in all facets (i. e. strategy development, operations, content development, social media budgeting, community management, crisis management, data collection and reporting)
- Experience in developing and delivering training to global audiences
- Has deep understanding of industry trends, identifies best practices, and opportunities in this rapidly changing environment and provides insights how social media drives business value and meets MAH business needs
- Has 2-3 years previous managerial experience
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Be able to properly set expectations with stakeholders based on program scope and follow through on delivery.
- Good Mix of business sense, operational problem solving processes, Interpersonal skills and Technical Understanding
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work across variety of stakeholders in an international setting
- Excited to be part of a new initiative for Merck Animal Health; and have the flexibility to deal with situations where roles and day-to-day work could change and evolve
- International travel 30%
The ideal candidate must also be willing to come into the Merck Animal Health office located in Madison, NJ Monday-Friday and work a minimum of 40 hours per week.