We here at Visual Concepts, are currently seeking qualified individuals for our Storage / Unix Administrator position, at the Naval Base in Port Hueneme, California. There are mandatory requirements, all of which must be obtained prior to the first day of employment:
1. Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
2. Professional Certification in this field
3. Security+ Certification from Comp TIA or able to obtain
Please see job summary below;
Performs on a contractor team of hosting professionals supporting servers at this location, running Solaris. Responsibilities may include installing, managing SAN/Storage systems. Responsible for maintenance and deployment of Sun Solaris servers, including upgrading, patching, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting the Solaris servers. Coordinates with the Information Assurance (IA) team to ensure servers are maintained according to Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) and ensures security procedures are enforced by running scans, reporting and applying recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis. Mitigates results found during IA scans.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
*Must have a Bachelor*s degree or equivalent 5 years hands on experience in managing storage, as well as installing and configuring Solaris server operating systems and using the Solaris system admin tools.
*Ability to be on-call 24 x 7 and work weekends on a rotating basis.
*U.S. Citizenship required.
Demonstrated experience and ability in the following areas:
• *Perform SAN switches and provisioning.
• *Experience architecting, installing, managing storage systems like NetApp, Networker, and EMC.
• *Storage for database systems.
• *Manage TAPE libraries.
• *Experience with tools for hardening systems.
• *Manage users and groups, both local and LDAP-based.
• *Write shell scripts to automate system admin tasks.
• *Develops and implement backup and recovery strategies ensuring compatibility of storage management and backup software with the OS.
• *Prepare well-written and logical documentation for UNIX systems and tools.
• *Provide planning assistance and implementation requirements for Solaris applications.
• *Analyze and coordinate system outages and interruptions.
• *Create and maintain documentation and procedures for System Administration support.
• *Install Solaris 10 operating system on a variety of Sun hardware platforms
You may obtain some professional certificates within the first 6 months of employment.
If you have any questions and are interested in this position, please contact Sallie Rouse by email: or phone: (805)-652-1347 ext. 201 for further details. Please feel free to forward this opportunity to qualified candidates.