We are a very small company named Userware. We are the makers of OpenSilver (cf. [login to view URL]), which is an open-source replacement for the obsolete software development tool called "Microsoft Silverlight" that is going to stop functioning in October 2021.
Our business model consists in selling software development services to organizations who would like to migrate their legacy applications from Silverlight to OpenSilver, so that their applications can keep functioning after October 2021.
In the 3 key areas of our business model (generating leads, closing the sales, and doing the migration work), we are already good at generating leads (hundreds of people have contacted us) and we are good at doing the migration work (we can hire developers and manage them), but we need your help to turn the leads into contracts, that is, to do the sales process and close the sales.
We are looking for a technical sales person who would be responsible for sales and closing activities.
Initially only a part-time job is sufficient (we would like to start small), and you would do all the sales-related tasks by yourself (collaborating closely with the CEO), but if the business grows, in the future we would like to expand the scope and possibly put in place a sales team, which you could possibly be responsible for, in case of good fit.
Below is our typical sales process and in brackets is the person who is responsible for the task. Your main activities are those that have the "[YOUR JOB]" or "[WE DO TOGETHER]" label:
1) A lead contacts us for a quote concerning a migration project [THE LEAD]
2) We reply, qualify the lead, and handle the conversation with him [YOUR JOB]
3) We propose a meeting and/or we ask for certain precise material (including an NDA, some screenshots, and other material that will later allow us to estimate the cost of the software development service) [YOUR JOB]
4) We do one or more meetings if necessary [WE DO TOGETHER, at least initially]
5) We follow up if necessary [YOUR JOB]
6) We estimate the cost of the software development [DEVELOPER'S JOB]
7) We prepare a proposal [YOUR JOB]
8) We discuss and fine-tune the proposal before sending it [WE DO TOGETHER]
9) We negotiate with the prospect [YOUR JOB]
10) We iteratively fine-tune the proposal and we finalize the contract [WE DO TOGETHER]
11) We close the sale [YOUR JOB]
12) We remain in touch with the customer for sales-related topics [YOUR JOB]
Misc notes about the job:
- Base salary plus commissions
- Work from home (we are based in Paris, France, but our leads are global and they speak English)
- Exceptional written and oral command of the English language
- Strong interest in technology
- Experience in the sale of professional services and/or negotiation of B2B contracts
- Preferred: basic knowledge about software development (we often have technical conversations with the leads)
Keywords: technology sales, service sales, sales representative, sales executive, sales engineer, sales VP, sales manager, sales lead, sales director, sales consultant, software sales, inside sales, enterprise sales, contract negotiation, proposal, bid writing, part time, contractor, work at home, work remotely
11 freelances font une offre moyenne de 26 €/heure pour ce travail
Attention!! I have gone through your requirement and understood every aspect of it. Let’s talk and get it done. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks and regards, Vishal G
I am working as a ERP Consultant and have experience in handling the client from all over the [login to view URL] I have worked with the sales team and have pitched many leads.