Robot Sea Monster is a digital production studio with an extensive background in designing and developing mobile and web games, AR/VR, Web3 blockchain, and commercial applications.
The Full Stack Architectural Lead is the key engineering member of one or more project teams within Robot Sea Monster Games, reporting directly to the Product Owner. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of high-quality, scalable technical backend architectures for games and applications, with a strong emphasis on reusability and abstraction, design patterns and principles, and planning for flexibility and future change, all within the constraints of the project scope and budget.
You will be responsible for guiding a team of engineers on your projects, ensuring that their code aligns with your architecture, meets necessary standards, and delivers the necessary functionality. You will look to identify poor or fragile code and step in to help its author learn how to improve it before it’s merged. And you will work with your Product Owner and the RSMG core team to help strengthen our development teams and standards studio wide.
You are passionate about your programmer ideals and experienced enough to filter them through the pragmatic needs of the project. You work hard to find ways to minimize unnecessary work and keep your code DRY. You are able to recognize fragile or substandard code and view it as an opportunity to share some new knowledge with that team member. When it comes to code, you get excited about finding new ways to do more with less, and love sharing that knowledge with others.
Salary: 35 – 50 USD/hour depending on experience.
This position is intended for individuals located in Latin America.
– Create and Document TechnicalArchitecture based on design documentation and understanding of project objectives.
– Utilize abstractions to create reusable elements that operate within the larger whole to support dynamic gameplay experiences.
– Create schemas for databases, both relational and non-relational, and know when to use which.
– Define APIs for front-end games and applications, and understand external APIs as needed to design and integrate functionality for your projects.
– Guide and oversee a team of engineers implementing projects against your architecture, ensuring code quality is maintained and milestones are met.
– Assist the Product Owner and Delivery Manager in defining well-documented milestones and tasks for the team implementing your architecture.
– Help configure and maintain deployed environments for the project at various lifecycle stages as needed.
– 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor with Rust or Solana protocol experience.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
– Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Go, Rust, and Node/Typescript.
– Experience building and deploying scalable, secure, and performant systems to production.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Attention to detail.
– Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
– Great time management and deadline-driven.
Robot Sea Monster is a fully remote company with team members across the globe. We expect you to provide the appropriate computer, peripherals, and software needed for this position, in addition to the high-speed internet, mic, and camera required for video conferencing and voice calls. Robot Sea Monster will provide access to all team systems and any proprietary software or hardware required for a project.
You will need to be available via Google Meet, Slack, and email during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when we need to meet project deadlines and for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based on the number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.