MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and support qualitative research
- Facilitate the whole process of qualitative studies: - identification or improvement of the research question; development of search strategy to carry out literature review; design of the protocol; participant selection; data extraction and analysis; write up of manuscript and publication process in collaboration
with relevant team members.
- Mentor field staff working with qualitative methods to improve their
skills and capacity in this field
- Develop dissemination plan to best operationalise findings internally
and to influence policy and practice
- Follow up all publication work with operations staff to
accompany process of implementation of findings.
- To support other assessment or review projects which require use of
- Ad-hoc duties relevant to job role
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment.
• Social science qualification. Min. Master’s degree
• Experience in qualitative research as primary investigator
• Relevant analytical and written skills equivalent to min. Master’s degree level
• Previous knowledge and authorship of protocols for qualitative/social
science study, including submission to ethical review boards
• Ability to meet specified deadlines
• Proven experience of working independently under minimal supervision
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Computer literate: Word and excel