The objectives should be a short list (say 5 or 6 bullet points) of the important activities necessary to deliver the aim. In this case, the first could be:
‘To carry out a review of literature to establish the methods used for project management and team leadership, and to review the cultural factors that affect these.’
- The student should think of the order of the work as:
1. Set up the title and aims etc (done!)
2. Review all literature (ie theories, published case studies etc) in project team leadership/project success and culture, to establish what would be expected from theory.
3. Propose some hypotheses, or areas to research via case study etc……select UK and Iran as case studies. Eg UK from published material, Iran from ‘selected company’.
4. Investigate these using whatever methods are available (literature, questionnaires etc) NB if the student does interview/ask questions of a case study, he must read the ethics guidance from Brunel first (see Blackboard) and also use the lit review to help get advice on question design etc.
5. Discuss findings and make observations.
6. Draw conclusions,…….to provide advice on the impact of culture on management, and maybe on methods that could be used to improve etc. Also a critique of the work….what you could do to improve/further the research.