After successfully executing AirTap, India's first credit over UPI for the lower middle class, we are launching PayBuddy by squeezing all our learnings from AirTap into it.
Founded by two IIT (BHU) Varanasi graduates, PayBuddy is a gamified credit payment app over UPI to financially educate the lower middle class in Tier 1 & 2 cities. It rewards good behaviour and penalises the bad behaviour. The rewards are not offers or discounts but gold investments. India has only 32M credit card users and 5M POS machines, our users either do not get a credit card, or they shop at places with no POS machine, so the problem being solved is not just access of credit but also lack of distribution of POS machines. Our users can create a healthy credit history and generate wealth with us without compromising over their purchase power. The aim is to create a community of these active creditworthy users to minimise the credit risk associated with them currently.
Website: [login to view URL]
About this Role
Full time remote opportunity for 2-4 months for Android app development. You can take up as challenging work as you are capable of. You will be the gatekeeper of PayBuddy’s user's interaction. Your capabilities will define how our users will perceive our capabilities. We are looking for creators with obsessive need for visual and performance perfection, combined with high learning+implementation combo powers. The ones who iterate the script 100s of times, if required, to get that feature right.
- Excellent technical knowledge of React-Native and Node.js
- Solid understanding of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best
- Experience of working with RESTful/GraphQL APIs and connecting Android
applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps and
- Familiarity with common software development patterns and tools like Git,
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available
for common tasks
- You know how to write and ship quality code.
- You are highly motivated and working in a fast moving environment excites
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available on
the Play Store.
- Open source experience is a huge plus!