create the double hog game in python
The game of ‘Double Hog’
You are to construct computer program for a game called ‘Double Hog’
Double Hog is a fun dice game played using two six-sided dice.
Below are the rules for the game.
Usually played between 2 people. However, the program should allow for 2 to 4 players.
The first person to reach 100 points is the winner.
On a turn, a player rolls the dice repeatedly until either:
• a single 1 is rolled
• the player chooses to hold (stop rolling)
If either of the above occurs, it is the next player’s turn.
If a player rolls:
• a single 1 – their turn ends and the total value of both dice is deducted from their score (eg if they throw a 1 and a 3, 4 is deducted from their score; 1+5 will mean 6 is deducted from their score
[NOTE: It is possible for players to have a negative score eg “-6”]
• double 1s – player gets 25 points
• other doubles (eg 2+2, 3+3) – player gets double points (eg 2+2 counts as 8; 3+3 counts as 12; 4+4 counts as 16)
• in all other cases – the player gets the total of both dice (eg 3+4 counts as 7 points; 2+3 counts as 5 points)
When a player reaches a total of 100 or more points, that player is the winner, and the game ends.
Double Hog Program
General structure of program
1. Greet the user(s) and give a brief description of the game.
2. Show main menu. Example of what could be included in main menu:
a. Play a game
b. See the rules
3. If user chooses to play a game:
a. Ask how many players there are
b. Get names of players
c. Randomly select the order in which players will roll the dice
d. Start game by asking Player 1 to roll the dice when they are ready
e. Display the value of each of the two dice rolled
f. If player has rolled:
• a single 1 – display message indicating the number of points that will be deducted from their score and that it is the next player’s turn; decrement player’s score as per the rules
• two 1s – display congratulations message indicating that they have been awarded 25 points; increment player’s score by 25; display current scores for each player (‘scoreboard’); ask current player if they would like to roll again or hold
• anything else – increment player’s score as per the rules; show scoreboard; ask player whether they want to roll or hold.
g. Repeat (f) as long as Player 1 chooses to roll and they do not roll a single 1.
h. When it is the next player’s turn, repeat (f) and (g), until a player reaches 100 (or more).
i. When a player reaches 100 (or more) - declare them as the winner; ask user whether they would like to play another game, or exit.
4. If the user chooses to see the rules:
a. display rules (NOTE: For the purposes of this task, it is not important that the content of these rules are correct – you could just use ‘placeholder’ text)
b. give the user the option to play a game or exit
4 freelance font une offre moyenne de $44 pour ce travail
I am a computer engineering student and experienced python developer. I'm new to this site so I'm still building my reputation, but I can guarantee I'll deliver quality work as soon as it can be done