I need Kodi (former XBMC) to populate the database with my movies / tv series / anime and to do the following:
1. TV Series: Input TV series independently from folder. Naming convention of file is: TvSeriesName Se XX Ep XX - [url removed, login to view]
2. Movies: I would like Kodi to input data in the database by reading a single xml file storing the path to the movie and the id on [url removed, login to view] so that I can manipulate it at will and fix those instances where Kodi selects the wrong movie on [url removed, login to view]
3. Anime: I would like Kodi to input data in the database by reading a single xml file storing the path to the anime series and a series of bespoke tags that I can add / change at will by entering them directly in the xml file
So here're a few points that I thought might help understand my circumstances.
1. I'm a private individual and I just need Kodi to work on my computer (windows environment). I have a few TV series, movies, MP3s and Anime saved on my local drive that I would like Kodi to correctly select, query the info from internet sources (e.g. imdb.com, tvdb.com, anime.com, etc) and store them in its database. Unfortuantely kody keeps failing me so I thought that maybe some addin or other workaround needs to be developed.
2. When kodi tries to scan my TV folders it always ends up downloading the information from an online source getting the episodes in the right sequence but fails to recognize the different series. So, if there are 10 series for the show XX, Kodi ends up storing in its database 10 times episode 1 of the first series, 10 times episode 2 and so on. I'd like that to be fixed. I would also like Kodi to recognize that 2 consequent episodes are in the same file and so download 2 different episodes from tvdb referring to one single file. Finally, as I have more than 1 TV show in the same folder, I'd like Kodi to derive the name of the show from the file name rather than the folder name.
3. Kodi regularly downloads the wrong information from imdb for movies (as the query is based only on the file name and the same movie name can show up multiple times on imdb). I would therefore like to have an xml file where I can manually enter the path to the movie file in one field and the imdb.com id in the next field. That way Kody would read the xml file and enter in its database the information downloaded from imdb.com that match the imdb id specified in the xml file.
4. Kodi doens't allow me to manually tag my anime so I would like to have an xml file (and scraping process) similar to the one used for the movies where I can just add manually a series of bespoke tags. If possible I would like to extend the same mechanism to my mp3s and photos.
Again, nothing about this application is public or commercial. It should all reside on my own windows computer and the only purpose is to correctly catalog my movie / TV / etc collections.
Please let me know if there's anything unclear and I will expand / explain my requirements in this description field.
Just to explain. Kodi is already scraping and downloading information for all my collections. It is just downloading the wrong information and that is what I am trying to get fixed.
In the case of movies and anime I would like to retain the ability to manually direct kodi to the best information source where the data should be downloaded from and add tags manually