he goal of this project is to use Morse Theory to guide the global search in a more mathematically sophisticated way than existing heuristics.
• Write a two-dimensional algorithm using Morse Theory to help locate critical points.
• Use second (and third) derivative information to
• Should find a self-consistent “skeleton” of the function topography,
• need not necessarily find the global minimum (which may be “hidden”).
• Extend to higher dimensions and/or constrained case.
• Apply to case studies (your choice).