We require a download-form with data-capture feature for our Django-powered website.
In a nutshell:
We have downloadable documents (PDFs) and other valuable collateral,
which visitors to our site are able to download with a single click. We presently have no
way of seeing who downloads which PDF and feel this is a missed opportunity.
Our organization needs all the good, clean contact data we can get our hands on, and
to this end, we're looking to add a data-capture form feature to our website, which should
pop up any time a visitor wishes to download one of our PDFs (found in various area of our site)
As the site has been built in Python/Django, expertise in this environment is a must.
* Website visitor clicks to download one of our PDFs, and are asked first to fill in a form
with their details. (Our PDFs are found throughout our site, and new pages with relevant PDFs
are added to the site regularly via our Django CMS).
* Once the form is submitted, the file download proceeds.
* It would be handy for previous/regular visitors to not have to fill in the form again,
and instead simply ‘log-in’, so a username/password feature of the form would be
* The form will generate an e-mail (formatted) containing either the data
that the new user has entered, or the basic details of the already registered user.
* A repository of these details on our server.
* As stated previously, new pages with relevant PDFs are added to the site regularly
via our Django CMS and the ‘download form’ feature needs to catch these.
SUMMARY OF DELIVERABLES:
* A Data-capture form which ‘intercepts’ any attempt to download a PDF (or other
document type we may wish to flag).
* Form should have a log-in / register feature so that regular users are not forced
to fill the entire form out each time.
* Captured from data should be e-mailed to us and if possible, stored in an appropriate
format on our server..
If possible, please break down quote into:
* Back end implementation: (hrs.)
* Front end implementation/styling as per our site design: (hrs.)
* Testing and fixes: (hrs.)
*Anything else you need to add.