The client am interested in statistics and finance. He is interested in the real financial market as well as derived financial markets such as betting markets and I would like to gather realtime information on various financial markets and run statistical comparisons on the data generated.
We would like to use IGIndex platform for webscraping because they are one of the most popular and longest running spread trading companies.
We'll use an iterative approach and first start recording a small sample of data from a few select markets on FTSE. There are two stages to this project
I have made a short video 2.5 minute containing screenshots of what I'm after, please watch this before continuing. Thank-you!
[url removed, login to view]
[Note the video is only [url removed, login to view] however the upload caused an error and it last 7.5 mins, there is 5mins of black screen at end!]
My first tests will be with FTSE Binary markets, because they are smaller markets and ranges fluctuate quickly and sharply.
FIRST STAGE: FTSE Daily market
Log in to IGIndex
Binary Indices -> FTSE (Daily) -> Up or Down ->
Then give prices of:
FTSE to finish Up AND FTSE to finish Down
I would like to know the SELL prince AND the BUY price AND the Update time
I would like this shown in a form and updated immediately the website updates, I'd like values to be stored in a global variable that I can access from another Python program that will perform statistics.
Very important: This value continually updates and sometimes changes quickly, eg sometimes 100 times in a minute..
I need to know immediately when this value has changed because I'm running my tests with a highly accurate digital clock and any lag delays will mess up the data experiment.
SECOND STAGE: FTSE binary hourly markets + FTSE binary 20min markets
After this is full working, I'd like to repeat above for the FTSE Binary Hourlies and FTSE Binary 20mins..see video link!
FURTHER DETAIL ON DELIVERABLES - two parts:
PART I 35% of money to be paid on completion
Full Python source code for:
An application that displays a form, continually refreshing data for the Daily FTSE market binary readings for:
* Logging in to IGIndex (password and log in should be in the code so I can change it for mine later).
* 'FTSE to finish UP' and 'FTSE to Finish Down'
* The data to be updated is: SELL, BUY and UPDATE (time stamp) columns
* I would also like to know the reference value, eg 'FTSE to finish Up [>5629.09]' the reference value is 5629.09 in this case.
* Once again, this form needs to update immediately the website updates eg within 100ms, can be no lag time.
* The data needs to be available in some kind of global variable (that can then be accessed by another Python programme)
* Anytime IG index updates their website, I'd like a method that simply displays a line to an output textbook on the form.. [I will later use this method to include some other functionality]
YOU WILL NEED:
* To set up a practice account with IGIndex to test with [url removed, login to view], it's free to do. P.s. you may need to say you are British on the form, as some countries (eg USA) may not be allowed to open accounts.
PART II 65% of money to be paid on completion
Same as above, except the values for FTSE hourly and 20min displayed also.. there should be a separate form for the hourly and a separate form for 20min markets..
The only addition is that the market time needs to be displayed, eg [[url removed, login to view] to [url removed, login to view]] and stored in a global variable as a suitable time type.
Again, update time is even more critical in hourly and 20min markets.
If successful, will also want to get data of several other website for different markets and expand to other brokers to compare data.
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.