Small startup looking to grow tech team from (currently just one dev). We're building a Django-based (1.4) site where users can offer services online, based on categories, geographical location, etc. There's a lot of interaction with Facebook, and there will also be payment processing involved.
We are looking for a back-end developer with front-end development and design skills (envisioning this working best as two separate roles, but open to someone who has both skill sets and can switch tasks without skipping a beat).
Some features that the site will have upon launch:
- Searching site content and refining results via AJAX, lazy-loading (this is mostly done)
- Users can post their services
- Users can create a Page (like facebook page)
- Users can book reservations for certain dates and pay via Paypal (this will be integrated into the site to give users a seamless experience)
- Lots of integration with Facebook, including login on the site
- Create a Facebook app
----> A developer should have the following skills:
- Develop and implement all component to Django. (as above)
- Have strong knowledge and handson technical skills on Amazon services.
----> Strong experience in jQuery, including:
- jQuery UI (sliders, dialogs, datepickers, customizing these and creating smooth animations)
- Implementing timepickers, date+time range widgets with validation (e.g. 'to' can't be on/before 'from')
- Real-time validation of forms
- Absolutely must have experience working with templating languages, and making minor changes if needed (anything major to be handled by the back-end dev)
- experience with Django templates is a plus
- Tons of experience with HTML/CSS is a must
- Must have some familiarity with the HTML5 spec
- Comfortable working with PSDs, slicing the occasional image (e.g. a close icon that may have been missed by the designer)
- Be prepared to use Adobe Photoshop if GIMP isn't rendering the designer's PSDs correctly, please.
- Comfortable using Git as is required for this role,
- Using the Github issue tracker to create issues, updating issues, etc.
- Python experience is of course a huge plus
- Other pluses:
- any other server-side language experience
- any Amazon EC2, ELB or EBS experience
---> Frontend design task may include:
- Maintaining consistency is visual style when adding to current designs,
- Able to design attractive pages with good UX.
- Communicating efficiently with site creators to flesh out new features and achieving desired aesthetic
- Deliver create PSD designs, as well as HTML w/sliced images and CSS.
- Comfortable using Git, as well as the Github issue tracker
---> Both roles should have the following:
- Must speak (and write) fluent, clear English
- Be prepared to coordinate with the rest of the team to try and keep everybody busy
- Be able to work on any needed maintenance or new features, and respond/complete within a reasonable amount of time (so if you're working full-time at a startup this is almost definitely not for you)
- Able to deal with moving targets, changing specs, and features that may not have specs
Please bid your desired hourly rate. Thanks!
10 freelances ont fait une offre moyenne de 27 $ /heure pour ce travail
Hi, Nord-Soft has 1 Python Developer available right now to take on a web project. I've attached the resume. If you will find suitable my proposal we will be glad to work with you.