Small startup looking to grow tech team from (currently just one dev). We're building a Django-based (1.4) site where users can offer services online, based on categories, geographical location, etc. There's a lot of interaction with Facebook, and there will also be payment processing involved.
We are looking for a back-end developer with front-end development and design skills (envisioning this working best as two separate roles, but open to someone who has both skill sets and can switch tasks without skipping a beat).
Some features that the site will have upon launch:
- Searching site content and refining results via AJAX, lazy-loading (this is mostly done)
- Users can post their services
- Users can create a Page (like facebook page)
- Users can book reservations for certain dates and pay via Paypal (this will be integrated into the site to give users a seamless experience)
- Lots of integration with Facebook, including login on the site
- Create a Facebook app
----> A developer should have the following skills:
- Develop and implement all component to Django. (as above)
- Have strong knowledge and handson technical skills on Amazon services.
----> Strong experience in jQuery, including:
- jQuery UI (sliders, dialogs, datepickers, customizing these and creating smooth animations)
- Implementing timepickers, date+time range widgets with validation (e.g. 'to' can't be on/before 'from')
- Real-time validation of forms
- Absolutely must have experience working with templating languages, and making minor changes if needed (anything major to be handled by the back-end dev)
- experience with Django templates is a plus
- Tons of experience with HTML/CSS is a must
- Must have some familiarity with the HTML5 spec
- Comfortable working with PSDs, slicing the occasional image (e.g. a close icon that may have been missed by the designer)
- Be prepared to use Adobe Photoshop if GIMP isn't rendering the designer's PSDs correctly, please.
- Comfortable using Git as is required for this role,
- Using the Github issue tracker to create issues, updating issues, etc.
- Python experience is of course a huge plus
- Other pluses:
- any other server-side language experience
- any Amazon EC2, ELB or EBS experience
---> Frontend design task may include:
- Maintaining consistency is visual style when adding to current designs,
- Able to design attractive pages with good UX.
- Communicating efficiently with site creators to flesh out new features and achieving desired aesthetic
- Deliver create PSD designs, as well as HTML w/sliced images and CSS.
- Comfortable using Git, as well as the Github issue tracker
---> Both roles should have the following:
- Must speak (and write) fluent, clear English
- Be prepared to coordinate with the rest of the team to try and keep everybody busy
- Be able to work on any needed maintenance or new features, and respond/complete within a reasonable amount of time (so if you're working full-time at a startup this is almost definitely not for you)
- Able to deal with moving targets, changing specs, and features that may not have specs
Please bid your desired hourly rate. Thanks!
10 freelance font une offre moyenne de $27/heure pour ce travail
Hi, Nord-Soft has 1 Python Developer available right now to take on a web project. I've attached the resume. If you will find suitable my proposal we will be glad to work with you.