Beta Reading/Manuscript Critique
I am looking for a few individuals to beta read/critique my manuscript. It's an 86,000 word Norse Paranormal Romance Novel.
After her beloved aunts death, Ingrid Barnes, a sworn atheist, moves to Berkeley across the street from her brother with the intention of finishing college. But little does she know that fate has other plans for her. The instant she meets a man who resembles the Norse god of thunder, her world will never be the same. Thor has managed to blend in with society on this perilous mission to prevent Ragnarok—the end of the world—from destroying humanity. Although Ingrid hates how secretive and mysterious her new Norse friend is and tries to resist his every advance, she can’t deny the otherworldly attraction between them. Soon Thor reveals himself to her as the god of thunder, and before she knows it, she’s thrown into a dangerous world where Norse mythology is an inescapable reality, where fate has her claws in everything, and where she must make a choice between her family, and the god she has fallen in love with.
You do not need to check for spelling/punctuation/grammar. Only answer the following questions:
1. Did the story hold your interest from the very beginning? If not, why not?
2. Did you get oriented fairly quickly at the beginning as to whose story it is, and where and when it’s taking place? If not, why not?
3. Could you relate to the main character? Did you feel her/his pain or excitement?
4. Did the setting interest you, and did the descriptions seem vivid and real to you?
5. Was there a point at which you felt the story started to lag or you became less than excited about finding out what was going to happen next? Where, exactly?
6. Were there any parts that confused you? Or even frustrated or annoyed you? Which parts, and why?
7. Did you notice any discrepancies or inconsistencies in time sequences, places, character details, or other details?
8. Were the characters believable? Are there any characters you think could be made more interesting or more likeable?
9. Did you get confused about who’s who in the characters? Were there too many characters to keep track of? Too few? Are any of the names or characters too similar?
10. Did the dialogue keep your interest and sound natural to you? If not, whose dialogue did you think sounded artificial or not like that person would speak?
11. Did you feel there was too much description or exposition? Not enough? Maybe too much dialogue in parts?
12. Was there enough conflict, tension, and intrigue to keep your interest?
13. Was the ending satisfying? Believable?
14. Do you think the writing style suits the genre? If not, why not?
– Which scenes/paragraphs/lines did you really like?
– Which parts did you dislike or not like as much, and why?
– Are there parts where you wanted to skip ahead or put the book down?
– Which parts resonated with you and/or moved you emotionally?
– Which parts should be condensed or even deleted?
– Which parts should be elaborated on or brought more to life?
– Are there any confusing parts? What confused you?
– Which characters did you really connect to?
– Which characters need more development or focus?
I have studied Norse mythology in my English and Religious Studies classes in college so I would be able to analyze that in your story as well. I am a writer and a reader. If you provide this on Google Doc I would be Plus
38 freelance font une offre moyenne de $309 pour ce travail
When it comes to analyzing and modifying, you can’t find anyone who has a better visual approach with exemplary spelling and grammar skills. When it comes to finding errors and missing links, you can count on me to mak Plus
Greetings! I am Kemar Daley, a talented premium freelancer in the writing sector. After reading your job description, I realized that it is the perfect fit for my skill set, moreover I have been writing, editing and p Plus
Greetings from Creative SEO Content! I came across your requirements and am delighted to get the opportunity of responding to it with proper solutions. Apart from writing 100% original, informative and engaging art Plus
Do you want to make sure your content is perfectly polished and ready to impress? Or do you just want to make it more effective, professional, and engaging? I'll make sure we go above and beyond to edit your content. W Plus
Hi, I would be very interested in doing this project for you. I am a writer myself and know exactly how important this process is. I would like to help you with this essential task. Please see my reviews as a wr Plus
Hi, I'm interested in reading your story and helping you with your questions and editing. Since I'd be going over it with a fine-tooth comb anyway, I'd edit/proofread at the same time. I'd inject comments in the tex Plus
My name is Sharon Butlion and I'm an experienced English editor. I am proficient in both British English and American English having worked for the US market for many years. I have many years of experience in editin Plus
Hey Friend! I can absolutely help in your project. Editing-Proofreading is my passion, and that’s why I am among the TOP FREELANCERS on this website in this domain. Please visit the following link to see my reviews Plus
I have read over 500 books in my lifetime and have a good sense of story as well as character. I'm updated with the kind of stories currently in the market as well, so that should be helpful. Really looking forward to Plus
"Greeting! I can write engaging content for online activities. I am Internet savvy and an avid reader capable of producing good quality content for your website. You will get good quality, original, plagiarism free co Plus
I have excellent editing skills and I am confident that I will do a great job. In case you have any questions, feel free to contact me. All the best, Oana
Hello, I have been editing/proof reading since 2.5 years. Let me get this opportunity and deliver you the best as per your expectations. Awaiting your positibe response. Regards, Anuj
Hi, I would love to be given the chance to work on your project - it sounds fascinating particularly as I used to live in Norway! I am a full time academic based in Australia and have assessed thousands of Universit Plus
Hello, my name is Nina, I'm Brazilian, I lived on Chicago for 5 years, and totally passionate about creative writing and graduated by UNIP College In Brazil ( Letters English/Portuguese). Along the years I improved my Plus
Hi, This sounds interesting to read, I'd love to give it a go. If it is available as a Word document I would probably write some comments directly on it regarding your second set of questions, regarding the favouri Plus
Hello, I am Nikeisha Young, a driven and motivated freelancer who provides writing, editing and proofreading services. Upon reading your job description, I came to the realization that I would be perfect for this j Plus
Greetings, This is regarding the project you recently posted; I have done similar work of proofreading, feedback for my various clients. As I have previous essential knowledge & experience on same vertical, I can fi Plus