Beta Reading/Manuscript Critique
I am looking for a few individuals to beta read/critique my manuscript. It's an 86,000 word Norse Paranormal Romance Novel.
After her beloved aunts death, Ingrid Barnes, a sworn atheist, moves to Berkeley across the street from her brother with the intention of finishing college. But little does she know that fate has other plans for her. The instant she meets a man who resembles the Norse god of thunder, her world will never be the same. Thor has managed to blend in with society on this perilous mission to prevent Ragnarok—the end of the world—from destroying humanity. Although Ingrid hates how secretive and mysterious her new Norse friend is and tries to resist his every advance, she can’t deny the otherworldly attraction between them. Soon Thor reveals himself to her as the god of thunder, and before she knows it, she’s thrown into a dangerous world where Norse mythology is an inescapable reality, where fate has her claws in everything, and where she must make a choice between her family, and the god she has fallen in love with.
You do not need to check for spelling/punctuation/grammar. Only answer the following questions:
1. Did the story hold your interest from the very beginning? If not, why not?
2. Did you get oriented fairly quickly at the beginning as to whose story it is, and where and when it’s taking place? If not, why not?
3. Could you relate to the main character? Did you feel her/his pain or excitement?
4. Did the setting interest you, and did the descriptions seem vivid and real to you?
5. Was there a point at which you felt the story started to lag or you became less than excited about finding out what was going to happen next? Where, exactly?
6. Were there any parts that confused you? Or even frustrated or annoyed you? Which parts, and why?
7. Did you notice any discrepancies or inconsistencies in time sequences, places, character details, or other details?
8. Were the characters believable? Are there any characters you think could be made more interesting or more likeable?
9. Did you get confused about who’s who in the characters? Were there too many characters to keep track of? Too few? Are any of the names or characters too similar?
10. Did the dialogue keep your interest and sound natural to you? If not, whose dialogue did you think sounded artificial or not like that person would speak?
11. Did you feel there was too much description or exposition? Not enough? Maybe too much dialogue in parts?
12. Was there enough conflict, tension, and intrigue to keep your interest?
13. Was the ending satisfying? Believable?
14. Do you think the writing style suits the genre? If not, why not?
– Which scenes/paragraphs/lines did you really like?
– Which parts did you dislike or not like as much, and why?
– Are there parts where you wanted to skip ahead or put the book down?
– Which parts resonated with you and/or moved you emotionally?
– Which parts should be condensed or even deleted?
– Which parts should be elaborated on or brought more to life?
– Are there any confusing parts? What confused you?
– Which characters did you really connect to?
– Which characters need more development or focus?
Décerné à :
20 freelance font une offre moyenne de $108 pour ce travail
Dear sir/madam, I can help you to give my opinion as beta reading job. I will give my answer honestly about your novel. Best regards, Nobella Service