Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of the UPS Healthcare division. With Polar Speed and Marken included, the UPS division staffs 128 locations with 5000 employees worldwide. Marken maintains the leading position for Direct to Patient and Home Health care services, biological sample shipments and offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs in 54 locations worldwide for clinical trial product storage and distribution. Marken’s dedicated 1200 staff members manage 100,000 drug product and biological sample shipments every month at all temperature ranges in more than 220 countries. Additional services such as biological kit production, ancillary material sourcing, storage and distribution, shipment lane verification and qualifications, as well as GDP, regulatory and compliance consultancy add to Marken’s unique position in the pharma and logistics industry.
Main Purpose: The main purpose of the Project Manager’s role is the overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a clinical supply project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. The role is highly people oriented and entails dealing directly with clients and internal operational groups regarding the storage and distribution of clinical trials supplies.
2. This position will manage our Clinical Trial Distribution protocols, Direct-To-Patient, as well as our Home Health Care Programs.
3. The role necessitates taking ownership for clinical supply projects. This involves providing the client with a primary contact point and acting as the ''project owner" to co-ordinate the internal operational and quality departmental roles in the project.
4. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the overall set-up of the trial by creating work instructions, building protocols in our inventory management system, creating internal checklist, training functional departments on study requirements, assisting in feasibility, overseeing project budgets and ensuring key study deliverables are maintained in accordance with study contracts. The projects encompass all aspects of storage and distribution of supplies for multi-site studies or in the case of Direct-To-Patient trials encompasses all related activities in delivering to or picking up from a patient directly.
5. Other responsibilities include dealing with project inquiries, preparation and maintenance of study reports and KPIs, assisting in client audits, developing SOPs and project forecasting.