This is a simple project but I want to be very clear about my project parameters, which are not so simple: I am looking for a _bulletproof_ upload/resize script. It must work in Opera, Chrome, IE, FF, and Safari, on all modern Windows and Mac platforms.
It must accommodate stupid file names that contain punctuation or 200 characters. It must handle jpeg, gif, png, and (ideally) bmp source files. It must check the mime type (not just the file extension) to verify file format.
It must _throw an error_ if the file is too large to process: maximum of 1.5 Mb or 3000 pixels width or height.
In summary, it must _always_ either (1) successfully upload and resize a file, or (2) throw an understandable error if it can't. 100% of the time, no exceptions.
- You do not need to design a form or deal with css. I will integrate it into my application. I only need a working script with a minimalist form.
- All source files should be converted to jpeg format
- The script should create a thumbnail and "full size" image at 72 dpi. Maximum width and height values for each size should be easily configurable.
- The path to save the new files should also be easily configurable
- The filename should be a timestamp
- We run a LAMP server with GD.
- You will not have access to our server, so you must write and test the script on your own server. When complete, just send the code. I will test it on our server and upon successful test, payment will be released.
- I am new to [url removed, login to view] but had ~50 projects on Scriptlance. I don't know how this system works yet but I will only work through escrow; if you don't wish to work through escrow please do not bid. I don't know if my feedback will carry over but we always pay fast, always pay a bonus for good work, and recognize that good feedback is very valuable to you.
One more thought in closing: if you think you can do this in 5 minutes please do not bid. I need someone who will approach this mundane project _carefully_. The key to success is going to be in the error messages and handling all the crap that uneducated users try to upload.