Well funded toy startup. Currently in design phase, have various potential designs that need to be evaluated. Need help to answer the following questions for each design:
1) Can design be moulded in multi-cavity Or family mould?
2) Estimate maximum number of cavities
3) Estimate cycle time
4) Suggest improvements to designs to lower cycle time/improve mouldability
5) Suggest potential Mold manufacturers based on cost/quality
6) Estimate cost of Mold (range) with suggested suppliers
Toys are small, most are 12mm in diameter and 20mm long, with a few that are much longer, I.e up to 200mm. Several of the toys have undercuts that I have not yet been able to design out, so side actions may be necessary. Snap fits of various kinds feature prominently in most toys.
13 freelancers are bidding on average £37/hour for this job
hi, I'm a mechanical engineer and a mold master who has 20 years experience in different sectors. can you share with me details of the project, please. thanks and regards