Leaving your pets in the car in the summer can be dangerous unless proper precautions like water and air conditioning are taken. However, remote starters will only run for a few minutes before shutting off. Existing commercial systems can remote start your car when the temperature reaches a certain threshold, but they are expensive and lack some safety features that I find concerning. Not to long ago, a police dog died when the air conditioning compressor failed -- no one had any indication of a problem. I would like to make an Arduino based system that measures temperature using temperature probes and remote starts the vehicle once a certain set point has been reached with the following features:
* Send SMS using Quad-band GSM shield to a target phone number if temperature remains between a certain threshold for a peroid of time or exceeds a second set point at any time.
* Send SMS if vehicle fails to remote start, voltage drops, or if all temperature probes fail.
* Send non-urgent SMS notifying of one temperature probe failure or on vehicle remote start (as a configurable option).
* Store configuration options on USB or SD card (whichever board is cheaper) so the end consumer can make changes to settings to suit their needs.
* Respond to SMS "STATUS" message from predefined phone number with the current temperature, vehicle status, number of remote starts, etc.
* Respond to SMS "START" message with a remote start of the vehicle.
* Toggle switch to select between an active (starting based on temperature) and passive (start on SMS) mode.
* OPTIONAL: Read humidity level as well and adjust set point to a level of comfort based on humidity level.
Since the goal would be to manufacture these in my basement, I would need step by step instructions (pictures would be awesome) of how to put it together. In all, this project would include the development of the code, assembly of the prototype, and step-by-step instructions to completion for someone who can't read schematics (me). If you feel the budget is too high or too low, please let me know. If you're not sure if an Arduino system can remote start a vehicle, it appears it can be done ([url removed, login to view]).
I will select a bid once I have secured sufficient investor support and pre-orders (no problems anticipated).
Any referrals to a company that can manufacture an injection molded plastic enclosure to this unit would be very much appreciated.
10 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 533 $ pour ce travail
visit The Administrator removed this message for containing contact details which breaches our Terms of Service and my freelancer profile. I have done 4 successful projects in ARDUINO. Check PMB