Respond to mathematics questions in an on-line forum for grades 3 - 8 (ages 8 - 14). The questions are typically word problem sums rather than multiple choice or computational.
The answers should involve a detail solution not just the answer with help of powerpoint diagrams if necessary (less than 20% of the questions would require diagrams) to assist with the understanding (typically using the Singapore models method) or other heuristics.
Problem Sums may involve:
- area, perimeter, volume
- problem sums involving changes to the quantities such as a before and after change
- ratios, fractions, percentages
Solutions should not leverage algebra unless explicitly stated.
Two examples of question include:
The ratio of Gareth's pocket money to Jin's pocket money was 6:5. After Gareth received $20 from his father and Jin spent $9, the ratio of Jin's pocket money to Gareth's pocket money was 1:4. How much money did Gareth have at first?
Alex, Bernard and Calvin share the cost of a present. The ratio of the amount paid by Alex to the total amount paid by Bernard and Calvin was 2:5. The ratio of the amount paid by Bernard to the total amount paid by Alex and Calvin was 1:2. Given that Bernard paid $20 more than Alex, how much was the cost of the present?
As part of your bid please provide a solution to the above two questions.
You are to provide:
- an hourly rate and/or rate per question
- your available days of the week (and times during those days) you can work
- your experience in mathematics and tutoring if any
- knowledge / experience with America, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore math syllabus
46 freelances ont fait une offre moyenne de 6 $ /heure pour ce travail
I'm graduate student of pure mathematics , and I'm teaching mathematics to student with different levels [url removed, login to view] check your [url removed, login to view] regards.