We're looking for a programmer experienced in general PHP programming and in programming for Zen Cart ([url removed, login to view]), the shopping cart software.
We’d like to implement an automatic order processing system for use with Zen Cart, using “chron jobs”. The delivery date and time should be set when the customer chooses a timeslot and completes the order.
At Midnight, 2 days before the delivery date (Sunday deliveries require 3 days):
- Timeslots in the calendar are marked closed for that day.
- A printable list to be created of the day’s products needing to be picked up from each of our distributors for that delivery day.
- An email sent to our distributors with the products needed for that day. (This can be tied into an existing contribution called Drop Shipping Purchase Order.
- The credit card would be charged (through a payment gateway module we’re using)
- The order status would be changed.
- Email sent to the customer telling them their credit card was charged and reminding them of the delivery date and time.
The emails and order stuff already works in Zen Cart, they just need to be called by this auto. order system. The only thing needing to be built from scratch is the Printable List of all of the products ordered on a particular day.