I already have a PHP (CakePHP) web application that generates invoices, etc. Each document will have a unique barcode.
I'm going to buy a scanner, which is compatible with Twain. But an application has to be made to fulfill my needs. This can an integration to the current PHP app (=preferred) or it can also be an independent application.
What does the application needs to do?
- The application will interact with the Twain compatible scanner.
- The application will be able to trigger the scanner, to start scanning all documents.
- For each document, it will read and recognize the unique barcode. The scanned file will be stored in the appropriate folder in a remote file server, and the remote mysql database will be modified with the name of the file.
The application should be expendable by other developers (or by me), so 'clean code' is a must.
- Please commit to this project only if you have experience with this, and can show me a demo. I'm tired of freelancers that say 'yes' to everything and that make me work more.
- I will pay an initial milestone of 30%, but the rest (70%) will be paid after the project is done and I got a working application (with source code).
- I will be the owner of the source code. You can use it for your portfolio, but you will also handle the code to me.
I'm a developer too, but I'm busy with other running projects.
I hope I get a good developer with who I can work on future projects.
Thank you for your interest