We have multiple linux devices installed away from our office. Their internet connections are supplied by multiple suppliers and some of them do not allow us to port forward to get onto our device directly.
So we are looking to build a very simple system that the device can tell us how it is doing and if its online. We want to also have a simple portal developed that we can log into and query a particular device, or see a full list of all devices and their current statuses and also see a list of devices that haven't checked in for X amount of hours.
In this way we will know if the device has issues and we can react accordingly.
The simplest way that I can think of this device to speak back to the portal is via a simple URL GET run on a periodic (every 2 minutes) CRON JOB on the device.
For example, the URL GET could be:
http://x.x.x.x/[url removed, login to view]
(IF YOU CAN SUGGEST A BETTER WAY FOR THE DEVICE TO TALK TO THE PORTAL THAT IS ALSO FINE)
Then on the web portal, we setup DEVICE991 so that the system is expecting that device to check in and we can query that devices history based on searching for DEVICE991.
We should be able to set certain information on the devices portal page, which is just static content like make of device, location installed in, contact number for person responsible for that device, etc.
Then on the portal, when you log in... it should show you a list (in a table) of all devices (with their saved information per the list above) for any device that has not "CHECKED IN" for X amount of hours. We should be able to set that X amount of hours in the settings panel of this portal.
The information we are interested in capturing from the URL call is:
- DEVICE NAME (which will be specified in the actual URL GET)
- IP ADDRESS IT CALLED FROM
- DATE OF CHECK IN
- TIME OF CHECK IN
So, the basis of the requirement is:
- Web Portal that is USER/PASSWORD protected
- We can add, modify or delete users access to the portal
- We can set the interval time that a device SHOULD CHECK IN, so that if it doesn't it will show up on the panel dash board that it hasn't checked in for X amount of hours
- The portal should have these main pages/functions:
- Device Management page that lists all of the devices and gives us the opportunity to ADD, DELETE or MODIFY devices - We should also be able to SUSPEND or UNSUSPEND a device for an example if we don't want the system to recognize it for a temporary period of time. From this page a device should also be able to be queries (which will pull it up in the QUERY page described next which is also a separate physical button)
- Device Query Page where we can type in the name or search for a device BY typing in part of its name where it will give us all devices that match that search string - this page will show us the information of the device as well as it's log of "CHECK INS" and IP Address and Date and Time of check in (all should be in tables so that it looks neat)
- List all devices page (where every single active or suspended device shows up) as well as it's last check in date and IP address
- PROBLEMS page where any device that has not checked in for the specified amount of time that we set, that device will be shown in a table with all other devices on this page along with its information we set, IP address of last check in, date of last check in and time of last check in.
- Settings page where we can create, modify, delete user logins (for the portal) and change the AMOUNT OF TIME that if a device doesn't check in after that AMOUNT OF TIME it is considered problematic and should be showed no the PROBLEMS page.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
45 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 8403 R pour ce travail
Hi! I'm interesting your project very well. I am mastering PHP and C#. And also I have many experience and good skill about web development. Let's go ahead with me Stay tuned, I'm still working on this proposal.