We have multiple linux devices installed away from our office. Their internet connections are supplied by multiple suppliers and some of them do not allow us to port forward to get onto our device directly.
So we are looking to build a very simple system that the device can tell us how it is doing and if its online. We want to also have a simple portal developed that we can log into and query a particular device, or see a full list of all devices and their current statuses and also see a list of devices that haven't checked in for X amount of hours.
In this way we will know if the device has issues and we can react accordingly.
The simplest way that I can think of this device to speak back to the portal is via a simple URL GET run on a periodic (every 2 minutes) CRON JOB on the device.
For example, the URL GET could be:
http://x.x.x.x/[url removed, login to view]
(IF YOU CAN SUGGEST A BETTER WAY FOR THE DEVICE TO TALK TO THE PORTAL THAT IS ALSO FINE)
Then on the web portal, we setup DEVICE991 so that the system is expecting that device to check in and we can query that devices history based on searching for DEVICE991.
We should be able to set certain information on the devices portal page, which is just static content like make of device, location installed in, contact number for person responsible for that device, etc.
Then on the portal, when you log in... it should show you a list (in a table) of all devices (with their saved information per the list above) for any device that has not "CHECKED IN" for X amount of hours. We should be able to set that X amount of hours in the settings panel of this portal.
The information we are interested in capturing from the URL call is:
- DEVICE NAME (which will be specified in the actual URL GET)
- IP ADDRESS IT CALLED FROM
- DATE OF CHECK IN
- TIME OF CHECK IN
So, the basis of the requirement is:
- Web Portal that is USER/PASSWORD protected
- We can add, modify or delete users access to the portal
- We can set the interval time that a device SHOULD CHECK IN, so that if it doesn't it will show up on the panel dash board that it hasn't checked in for X amount of hours
- The portal should have these main pages/functions:
- Device Management page that lists all of the devices and gives us the opportunity to ADD, DELETE or MODIFY devices - We should also be able to SUSPEND or UNSUSPEND a device for an example if we don't want the system to recognize it for a temporary period of time. From this page a device should also be able to be queries (which will pull it up in the QUERY page described next which is also a separate physical button)
- Device Query Page where we can type in the name or search for a device BY typing in part of its name where it will give us all devices that match that search string - this page will show us the information of the device as well as it's log of "CHECK INS" and IP Address and Date and Time of check in (all should be in tables so that it looks neat)
- List all devices page (where every single active or suspended device shows up) as well as it's last check in date and IP address
- PROBLEMS page where any device that has not checked in for the specified amount of time that we set, that device will be shown in a table with all other devices on this page along with its information we set, IP address of last check in, date of last check in and time of last check in.
- Settings page where we can create, modify, delete user logins (for the portal) and change the AMOUNT OF TIME that if a device doesn't check in after that AMOUNT OF TIME it is considered problematic and should be showed no the PROBLEMS page.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
Note: + We are flexible for custom changes & we make them instantly. + We provide Service Guarantee for all projects delivered by us. We also provide post-implementation application support &maintenance.. Than Plus
44 freelance font une offre moyenne de R8395 pour ce travail
Hello, my name is Michael. I represent Ukrainian based IT-company Webbook Inc that provides services in the IT-sphere for international business. We were carefully reviewing the requirements of the job description, so Plus
A great team is here for your service!! I read the project description properly, and I agreed to fulfill 100% of all your requirements. I can start your important project right away. Relevant Skills and Experience Let Plus
Hi, Carefully gone through your requirement. We have few queries so i request you to initiate chat so that we can discuss further. We are a team having experience over 10+ years in PHP and it's Framework and Mobi Plus
Hello We are ready to make your project. let's discuss Relevant Skills and Experience 10 years Proposed Milestones R8750 ZAR - all
Dear sir, I will complete your project within 12 weeks, LIFETIME error free guarantee and provide 365 days (ONE YEAR) support... I have right skills (Linux, MySQL, PHP, Software Architecture, Software Development) Plus
Hello, I hope you are doing well. I have gone through your requirement and understand that you want a responsive website and mobile app to be designed and developed. I am happy to share with you that we have 10+ Plus
Dear Sir/Ma'am, We possess 14 years of experience in I.T. Field and running MXI Coders Pvt Ltd (INDIA), Our strengths are in Web Designing, Web Development using -HTML 5, Flash, HTML/CSS/CSS3 web pages -Cloud c Plus
Hi! I'm interesting your project very well. I am mastering PHP and C#. And also I have many experience and good skill about web development. Let's go ahead with me Stay tuned, I'm still working on this proposal.
I will setup monitoring server as required successfully as working these task on daily basis in data center servers. Relevant Skills and Experience I have more than 8 years experience in, Linux Servers Setup, Configur Plus
YES,I CAN. HI I read your post. I am magic super developer in web monitoring. You can check my profile. I can show you my products If you want And I would like to help you. I have a strong sense of responsibilit Plus
Design and develop monitoring application and infrastructur Relevant Skills and Experience Systems Administration Software development Proposed Milestones R11111 ZAR - To be decided after discussion I can suggest yo Plus
I REVIEWED YOUR PROJECT DETAILS & WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU MY SERVICE OF DOING FIRST TASK FOR FREE Relevant Skills and Experience I am Senior Software developer, having 7+ years experience with team of additional 3 dev Plus
Hello, my name is George Bouris. Yes, I think that among the available solutions (port forwarding, websockets and URL GET) the last one is the best for your solution. If a 2 minutes interval is not a problem. The Plus
hello sir, i understand your requirements and want to tell you that i have already build similar kind of web app, where the different devices had monitor from one pc. i m 100% sure that i can make this system as per Plus