We need a plugin for an existing WordPress website ([url removed, login to view]) that provides information about a chess tournament. We will also need to display information in a section of that website, but not to build a complete website, because it already exists.
You have to create a database in MYSQL with multiple tables:
• Table #1: Players: will contain just FIDE ID of the player, first name, last name, country, telephone, e-mail and other contact details. We will fill this database with information manually. However, new players will have to be added automatically from time to time, downloading the players’ list that can be found at [url removed, login to view]
• Table #2: Standard ratings for each month. This information is provided by FIDE at [url removed, login to view] through a text or XML file each month. The table will have to contain the FIDE ID of the player, the month, and the rating for that month. The plugin will have to download the file from [url removed, login to view] and upload the records to this table of the database.
• Table #3: Rapid ratings for each month. Similar as in number #2 above.
• Table #4: Blitz ratings for each month. Similar as in number #2 above..
The link between all tables should be the PLAYER’s FIDE ID field, that is provided by FIDE in all the files that will be downloaded.
As I mentioned, the plugin should be able to:
1) Download players’ list from [url removed, login to view] Once the file is downloaded, the plugin will have to check which players exist already at the table “players” that I mentioned before (table number #1) and add the ones that don’t exist in that table #1 to it. It does not have to delete any of the records of table #1.
2) Download new ratings from [url removed, login to view] and add them to tables #2, #3 and #4 with the new information provided by FIDE. That is, tables #2, #3 and #4 will contain ratings for instance for June 2015, July 2015, August 2015, etc., and when September ends and FIDE publishes new ratings for September, we should be able to run the plugin and insert the new ratings also to those tables.
3) There should also be an admin area where we can enter information about players (address, twitter username, e-mail, etc.) to records in table #1.
There has to be also a public section in the website that should show, in the best possible and beautiful way:
1) List of players: it should be similar to what exists now at [url removed, login to view] It will have to read details from tables #1, #2, #3 and #4, linking them through the FIDE ID field.
2) When clicking on a player, information about that player should be shown (all the information available in the previous tables).
It can be done using a WordPress shortcode to be inserted in the existing website, or in any other way that you prefer.
It’s needed pretty urgently (no more than 5 days), so I would be grateful if you could tell me when you could be able to have it ready, and how much it will cost. We will not consider any bids if you have not read or understood the requirements, or looked at both websites mentioned above.
Thank you very much.
22 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 345 $ pour ce travail
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks