Greetings. We are upgrading a PHP application we wrote 10 years ago to run on PHP7.x. The most time-consuming part of this is converting all of our mysql_query() commands to PDO and encapsulating all output variables in htmlentities to prevent SQL injection.
Basically, we need to convert queries like the [login to view URL] into php_sql_after.png... convert variables to bound values and update the fetch statements. Capitalize MySQL keywords to help readability while you are at it.
Our application currently sanitizes user provided variables before storing in the database. This is done with an Apache module that we will be discontinuing as the industry has standardized on filtering on output instead of input... therefore, any time a variable is echoed to the user, we need to wrap it in htmlentities(). We know that MVC is the way of the future, but we are saving that for a total rewrite next year... right now we just want to run PHP7 safely. We are also using a WAF and security headers. We will also be running some security scanning software before deployment.
Source code will be provided in a tarball and the edited tarball can be returned the same way.
- Update 330-350 mysql_query statements
- Add htmlentities() as needed for all variable output in 33k Non-Comment Lines of Code (as counted by PHPLOC)
- I will be very, very busy until November 3rd and may not be able to respond every day until then. Expect to not hear from me on weekends and for me to take 2 business days to reply to messages until then. I'll do my best to respond faster, but this project is not a huge rush right now. After November 3rd, I'll be much faster replying. I just want to be up-front about this so you don't think you are being ignored or that I won't release milestones... it's just going to take me a little while to review your work.
- Include three milestones: "first look" at 20% of the contract value, "primary" for 60% of the contract value and "warranty" for the remaining 20%. We will try to review your code and release funds as soon as possible, but it's a large enough project that it will take us several weeks to fully review and test. We will release the "first look" within one business day of submitting the completed code... we will take a quick look and if it appears you were on-track, we will release this milestone. We will release the "primary" milestone within 3 business days, assuming no bugs are found (or 3 business days after receiving new bug-free code). We will release the warranty milestone no later than 30 calendar days after the release, but probably sooner as we complete our review.
- Feel free to send up smaller submissions to make sure the work being performed us up to our standard before you to lots of work. We want to make this transaction as low risk for you as possible.
- We get a lot of Freelancers who "race" to submit a bid as fast as they can, thinking that we will pick the first submission. This is not the case. We like carefully thought out proposals or ones that have questions. To show us that you read the proposal all the way through, please make the first word of your reply "stegosaurus".
In the end, this is not a difficult project... we just don't have time to do it ourselves right now. We look forward to working with you.
30 freelance font une offre moyenne de $226 pour ce travail
stegosaurus, I will convert your 10 years old php script to support php 7 using PDO. I will complete this work in 7 days. Looking for your reply to start this work immediately. I will be available online from 2 am G Plus
Hi, Surely, I'll help you with the conversion from PHP V.5.X to PHP V.7.X by converting all of our mysql_query() commands to PDO and encapsulating all output variables in HTML entities to prevent SQL injection. Ple Plus
stegosaurus Hello there I've read your brief & I checked the attached PNG document to understand the overall scope of a work. I am ok with your milestone process. No worries, if you give us a chance or test, We Plus
/stegosaurus/ Hi, I very good with PHP, PDO, I did used PDO before PHP7 and did migration to PHP7 of own apps, and ready for complex issue if any. I going to test code (at mine end as possible) not just replace. If p Plus
Hello How are you I have read your job description in detail . I am Xu as php developer I am sure I can convert it It is a piece of cake Please contact me and Let's discuss more thanks for your posting . h Plus
stegosaurus I checked your project details and checked the [login to view URL] and php_sql_after.png. I already done similar project previously for example please check the below links . [login to view URL] Plus
<stegosaurus> Hi Thanks for your posting. I have read your post one by one carefully, so I could understand your issue correctly. I have many experiences in issue between php versions, so if you hire me, I am Plus
Hello, First of all, its my pleasure to bid on your project, I have gone through your requirements and understand that you want to upgrade PHP version of your current website. We are a highly skilled team to provide Plus
Hello Nice to meet you. I am a PHP expert with over 10 years experience. I will do my best to satisfy you. I promise quick turnaround times, great customer service and 100% quality work. I look forward to hear Plus
Sir, I have gone through your project description and am looking to provide my service for converting php version from 5 to 7. For more than 7 years I’ve worked in this field. web projects [login to view URL] Plus
stegosaurus HEllo, Are you sure that those two type of entry will run your application? there are not any other issues? Lets CHAT Thanks SArder
Hello, I am excellent in PHP / MySQL / Js and I have great knowledge in Core PHP for many years and I realized many projects similar to yours. i have read your description and i am ready to upgrade your website to 7.0. Plus
Hi I’m an expert in this field and I can get this done for you starting right away no problem. Please let us discuss more in chat so we can get this professionally done.
stegosaurus Hi, you mentioned that you have around 33000 lines of uncommented code. Going though all of that code would take time. Migrating your existing code base which is written in PHP 5.x to PHP 7 involves more t Plus
Hi, I will convert PHP5 to PHP7.I am PHP expert with more than 10 years of experience in PHP, MYSQL, MVC like CI, CAKEPHP, XSS and CSRF attacks, database optimization, Webservices like SOAP, REST, JSON and Javascri Plus
I am a Web Security Researcher & Bug Bounty Hunter at HackerOne, BugCrowd, BountyFactory and many other Independent Bug Bounty Programs Reported Security Vulnerabilities to Google, Facebook, Twitter, TCS, DigitalOcean Plus
stegosaurus Hello. I have extensive experience in web development, I have had to upgrade several projects to PHP7, and I can help you get this project done, providing sound, clean code. I have read the requirements car Plus