The checkout functions on my website have been giving me problems. It usually works, but sometimes I do not get bcced on the email receipts sent to clients. I am also concerned about the encryption and security of the checkout function.
The way the current system works:
2. If successful, customer goes to [url removed, login to view] and is sent a email receipt. I am bcced on the email receipt. If there is error with the email, I am sent a email that the email receipt did not go through. Order details are written to a text file on the server called order_data.txt.
3. If not successful, customer goes to error.php. I am sent a email alerting me of the email.
Note: SSL certificate is from godaddy. PHP Mail is the email script used and paypal is the payment processor.
I need the following:
1. Check to make sure that the checkout is properly secured AND sensitive customer billing information is not being written to any text files onto the server
2. I have had customers who received the [url removed, login to view] page but the order did not go through. I have also had customers who got the error message but their order went through. Fix this.
3. If a order is not successful, instead of sending customer to [url removed, login to view], display reason for error (wrong address, wrong expiration date, etc).
4. After the customer tries unsuccessfully 3 times, send to [url removed, login to view] and tell them to call 1-800-680-5258 for assistance. Send email to me with customer contact info (name, phone, email).
5. If order is successful, make sure the customer is sent the email receipt and I am bcced on the email. Continue to write order information to order_data.txt. Validate to see if the email receipt sent to customer. If not successful, send me a email telling me the customer did not receive the email receipt.